Everything to Look Forward to in the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Trade in those tight, uncomfortable crop tops and tiny shorts—that just love to ride up every time you pull them down—for your favorite oversized knit sweater and a stretchy pair of leggings. It’s fall time! Fall is absolute perfection; the weather is mild enough for everyone to enjoy, and the streets are painted with beautiful red and orange foliage. However, if you’re having trouble parting ways with the warm summer temperatures, music festivals, and daily ice cream runs, you have probably just forgotten about all the awesome things fall has to bring. Well, keep on reading and you’ll realize why you should be pumped for this flawless, eventful season!

Pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins!

Pumpkin lovers, it’s your time to shine! In the fall, virtually everything is pumpkin flavored and scented! Pumpkin candles, pumpkin pancakes and pies, pumpkin ice cream, Dunkin’s pumpkin donuts, and of course…pumpkin spice lattes.

Halloween

There’s so much to do on Halloween. You can splurge on candy corn and chocolate, party with friends in your favorite sexy firefighter costume, stay in with the family and watch Hocus Pocus for the 500th time, or go to every haunted house/hayride in the state. Hey, feel free to do it all! They don’t call it “Halloweekend” for nothing!

Fall Fashion

Crop tops, tanks, shorts, rompers, flip-flops—yeah they’re all nice, but who wouldn’t prefer to wear a big, cozy sweater paired with leggings and your favorite pair of fuzzy boots? Finish off your fall look with a messy bun, sierra lipstick, and a knit scarf. You’ll not only look super cute but you’ll feel so comfortable. It’s almost as if you never left your bed!

Football Games

Immersing yourself head to toe in your school’s colors and singing Sweet Caroline(let’s go Pitt!) in unison with your friends is a perfect way to de-stress after a long week of classes! The amount of love and pride you will feel for your school will remind you why you chose to go there in the first place. 

New episodes of all your favorite TV shows

Finally, no more reruns! You may even be able to chill out on the Netflix-binging for a while… or not. There are a ton of exciting new shows set to premiere this fall. There’s The Muppets, Supergirl, The Bastard Executioner, Dr. Ken, and Scream Queens for all you American Horror Story addicts!

Crunchy leaves

Seriously though, who doesn’t walk in awkward zigzags just to garner the satisfaction of stepping on one of these bad boys? There’s nothing like walking outside into the crisp, autumn air after being trapped in a stuffy, tense classroom all day—especially when you have incessant piles of crunchy, orange leaves just waiting for you.

Thanksgiving

Ah, the day you appreciate all the great things in your life by overindulging on pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes. Thanksgiving break tends to be a little short, so really take advantage and enjoy your time with your parents and friends back at home. And of course, eat as much as you can—you’re finally away from stale dorm food!

Sources:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Azeen is a Biology Major at University of Pittsburgh. She is excited to share her passion for fitness, food, and beauty in her writing and is super excited to be a part of the HerCampus team.
Katie handles the day-to-day management, development and expansion of our chapter network to ensure that our on-campus presence is stronger than ever. She recently graduated from the University of Pittsburgh, where she studied Nonfiction Writing and Communication. Her extensive Her Campus background dates back to 2012 and she has since held the position of Campus Correspondent and Chapter Advisor. When Katie isn’t watching the Pittsburgh Penguins, you can find her trying new restaurants, obsessing over her long list of shows (The O.C., Scandal and Gilmore Girls are top picks) or setting out to find the perfect donut.