Drop-Dead Moves College Guys Use to Win Us Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Let’s face it: guys are pretty necessary commodities in a collegiette’s daily life. And while guys can be socially oblivious, well, most of the time, they also have some really winning ways about them that never fail to hook us. Here are some sexy moves that many college guys pull off (sometimes unknowingly) that send our (or at least my) hormones into a rage.

1. When he pulls the intense eyelock…

Let’s face it, we spend a lot of our time secretly eyeing the man-candy that walks past us on the way to the Pete, but it’s that much hotter when the cutie you’ve been staring at returns the favour. And if a guy stared at me the way this guy is staring at me right now, well, I’d be putty in his hands.

2. When he runs his thumb along his bottom lip…

Guys always say it turns them on when girls bite their lips (hey, it worked for Anastasia Steel, didn’t it?), but I personally love it when a guy runs his thumb along his lower lip. Yeah, it’s a specific action. But when a guy does this, he looks like he’s deep in thought, and I find that really attractive. That intelligent yet oh-so-casual vibe…that’s a killer combination for sure!

3.  When he laughs at our cute comments…

There’s nothing like the feeling you get when a guy can’t keep his eyes off of you. When a guy laughs at your jokes, you can tell he either a) really appreciates them or b) he’s flirting pretty heavily. Either way, we love the attention, right, girls? Let’s face it, that’s partly why we writers love doing the Campus Cutie articles so much.

4. When he pitches his voice low…

Collegiettes, we all know that when a guy pitches his voice lower he likes us, or at least wants to impress us. And that husky undertone definitely doesn’t do bad things for our impressions of him. Combined with the stubble, as sported by Alex Pettyfer (swoon), it’s no wonder we have so much trouble concentrating on studying in Hillman.

5. When he runs his fingers through his hair…

I always feel a shiver of delight when I see a cute guy running his fingers through his hair. There’s something about seeing it all mussed up that gets me on edge. The combination of intensity, casualness, and playfulness – all in one move – does nothing good for my hormones. There’s a reason I am not attracted to guys with shaved heads. Understandably so, seeing guys play with their hair is a major turn on for many collegiettes, including me.

So what do guys do that send you into daydreams, ladies? These are some of my personal favourites; let’s hear yours!

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I'm a senior at the University of Pittsburgh who loves traveling the world, writing, and college life in general. My majors are Environmental Studies and Biology, but I want to focus on journalism too if possible. I'm super passionate about Model United Nations, of which I am now president (yay!), and the environment. I'm a very happy, enthusiastic person who loves pickles and twizzlers and brightly-colored nailpolish and long dangly earrings, among other things. Her Campus is my favourite website and I'm so excited to be a part of Pitt's campus chapter!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt