Crunchbutton: The Answer to Our Prayers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I’ve said, “I would kill for Five Guys or Chipotle to deliver,” an innumerable amount of times. Maybe it’s because I’m slightly lazy, but I always begrudgingly shlump off my couch and walk (rain, snow or shine) to get my burger or burrito. But fear no more, for the answer to our prayers is here: Crunchbutton!

I managed to interview someone directly connected to this ingenious entrepreneurial experiment: Lindsey Myers, Crunchbutton’s current marketing intern and campus representative. Lindsey gave me some crucial input about the way Crunchbutton works (i.e. their hours of operation), and now I pass the information onto you. Happy delivery!

Her Campus: How did Crunchbutton start? 

Lindsey Myers: Crunchbutton started at Yale University by delivering a popular sandwich from a local restaurant. 

HC: Who started it? 

LM: A Yale senior, Judd Rosenblatt. His co-founders are David Klumpp and Devin Smith. 

HC: How exactly does it work? And what are the additional costs? (i.e., delivery, service fee, gas)

LM: Crunchbutton is very simple! Orders can be placed via our website or the app. You select a restaurant, which menu items you would like, and enter a delivery address. You can have it delivered anywhere! Your house, dorm, or since finals week is coming up, the library or whatever your favorite study spot is. We have a great staff of drivers, so delivery is very speedy! All Crunchbutton delivery people are Pitt students, and they deliver either by car or bike. There is a small delivery fee that helps cover the cost of paying the driver and covering their expenses. 

HC: Is it just for Pitt students? 

LM: While Crunchbutton is targeted to Pitt students and designed to meet their needs and preferences, anyone in the Oakland area can use Crunchbutton!

HC: So far, where are the places that you guys deliver from? 

LM: Currently we are offering delivery from Panera, Chipotle, Quaker Steak, Subway, and Five Guys. 

HC: Will you go somewhere that is not on the list? 

LM: Currently we are just delivering from those places, but we are planning to add more and more restaurants as Crunchbutton becomes more popular and we are able to establish demand and hire more delivery people. Any suggestions for restaurants to add can be messaged to or left as a comment on our Facebook page.

HC: Where do you get the most orders? 

LM: Chipotle and Panera have been the most popular restaurants so far!

HC: How do you go about ordering from Crunchbutton? 

LM: Ordering from Crunchbutton is an extremely quick and easy process. You can order from the website or from the Crunchbutton mobile app that can be purchased through the mobile app store. You select which restaurant you would like to order from, choose your menu item(s), enter your information, and you’re done! Once you order one time, you can save your payment and address information for even faster one click ordering in the future. 

HC: What are your hours? 

LM: Currently they are Monday through Saturday from 6-10pm, but we are hoping to expand these in the future as well. 

HC: Will this be happening over the summer? 

LM: As of now Crunchbutton will not be operating in the summer, but it will be back in action during the fall semester. 

HC: Is Crunchbutton hiring? 

LM: We are looking for new interns/campus representatives for the fall semester, and are always accepting applications for delivery drivers/bikers. You can apply to be a delivery driver/biker here. If you’re interested in being an intern/campus representative, send an email to lim44@pitt.edu!

Photo credit: 1

Just your average 6'2'' czech girl with nine toes =)
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt