Charlie Linaris ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Girls – if you love a guy with a great sense of humor and undeniable swagger, than please meet Charlie Linares.  Charlie is an extremely smart man with a future of success so grab a hold of this one before he gets away!  I sat down with an interview with Charlie and immediately he began joking around and making me laugh.  So get to know Charlie and enjoy the entertaining read!

Me:  Okay Charlie I am going to ask a few questions to get to know you.  We will get the general ones out of the way first before I really dig deep at ya.  So, when is your birthday?

Charlie:  January 28th, 1989

Me:  What’s your major?

Charlie:  (sits up straight and acts prestigious)  Actually… I am a double major.  I minor in theater arts and I major in political science and history.

Me:  Wow!  Smarty pants!  What do you want to do with all of that?

Charlie:  I plan to go to law school.

Me:  Okay, well, if you could have three really materialistic things that you do not have, what would they be?

Charlie:  (immediately responds) A G6.  And uhhhh, an NFL Franchise.  Can I save my third one for later?

Me: Haha, yes.  If you had a motto for your life what would it be?

Charlie:  (strokes chin)  Just Do It.  Nike.

Me:  Tell me some of your hobbies and interests.

Charlie:  I like to chill with my homies.  I like doin my thing.  I play pick up basketball games.  Nothing serious…but I am like Kobe on the court.    

Me:  Charlie, describe your dream girl for me.

Charlie:  Phew, ok.  She has to be big in sports.  Preferably NY teams.  Or maybe all of the teams I hate so I can have a good time making fun of her.  Good cook.  A kind caring person.  And very hot.

Me:  Describe your idea of the best date.

Charlie:  My ultimate date?  Ok.  A candle light dinner.  Make sure you include candle lights.  At a fancy restaurant – maybe Italian, Chinese, or latin food.  Then a Knicks basketball game and end it with a walk on the beach.

Me:  Sounds amazing.  What is the first thing that attracts you to a girl?

Charlie:  (without hesitation)  Smile

Me:  Okay Charlie, last one.  What is the best memory of yours from Pitt?

Charlie:  I actually hated the whole experience…….(laughs) No, uhm, so many.  So many good times.  Probably the time I saved all of those puppies from the burning building.

Me: (laughing) Oh yeah?  What kind of puppies were they?

Charlie:  Golden retrievers.  Beautiful golden retrievers.  With big eyes.

Well, ladies.  As you can tell, Charlie is quite a character – funny and charming.  He knows how to hold a good conversation and make a girl laugh.  Plus, he is a double major with plans of law school!  What more could you ask for?   

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.