Campus Cutie Senior Spotlight: Billy Bourgouin ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

The first time I met Bill, I honestly didn’t know what to think. He looked serious and a little intimidating. Out of all of the sporadic times I’d interacted with him, I probably only saw him smile, or even laugh, once. But that was all before this interview. Turns out, he’s actually a pretty interesting guy and can crack a smile pretty easily if you get to know him. A member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., this is one Campus Cutie that we are sad to see graduate so soon, but nonetheless wish him all the best of luck! 

Name: Billy Bourgouin

Year: Senior

Hometown: Linden, NJ

Major: Communication and Theatre minor

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Why did you decide to come to Pitt?

Bill: Pitt stood out from all my other choices and I wanted to get away from home.

HC: What is your ideal date?

Bill: I try and take risks in dating. I’d do something that would give us a chance to talk if it’s with someone I’m really into.  So I wouldn’t do anything like dinner and a movie. I’m into doing things for the first time with someone and having new experiences.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl?

Bill: I don’t think I’m a body person when it comes to preferences. If I were to rank qualities, it’d be: smile, face, and I like classy women. I like girls who have consistency and know how to dress appropriately for different situations. I also like girls who invest themselves in long-term care for their body.

HC: What are your turn-offs?

Bill: I don’t like loud people, closed mindedness, and girls who are not willing to try anything new.

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

Bill: Definitely, City of God. It’s a Brazilian independent film about crime in Rio.

HC: What’s your best pick-up line?

Bill: Pick-up lines are not for me. I meet girls through conversation. The way people meet each other is evolving. It doesn’t go pick-up line, phone number, and then we rush through talking and have a relationship. I think pick-up lines can come off creepish. There’s no way that you meet someone for the first time and then turn it into something. If I talk to someone and then we meet again/cross paths again then we’ll see where it goes.

HC: Over the past four years, what’s been your favorite Pitt memory?

Bill: Joining Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity and the G20 Summit. G20 was epic. It was like a video game. You just don’t ever see stuff like that.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Bill: When I was 7, Mariah Carey was the baddest thing moving! And then, Alicia Keys before she got married. I haven’t recovered from her getting married and having a kid.

HC: Do you have any favorite hobbies?

Bill: When I have time for them, I like listening to music, working out, thinking and reminiscing, I listen to a variety of music: R&B, Hip Hop, Reggae, and I know a few country songs. I’m willing to listen to anything.

HC: What’s your dream job?

BIll: I’d love to be an actor. I’m starting to appreciate theatre acting more. My dream job would either be acting in movies or theatre.

HC: What’s your all time favorite food?

Bill: Haitian food is my favorite.

HC: You’re graduating so soon! Do you have any plans after graduation?

Bill: I’m going to be moving back home to Linden, and will start to audition.

All photos were taken by Clyde Allen Photography and can be found here.

I'm a current Junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in Political Science and minoring in Spanish language! I was born and raised in Philadelphia and I am a huge city kid! I'm very open about most things in my life; Sex, drinking, partying, friendships, etc. (you name it). I'm a firm believer of loving and knowing yourself before allowing others to make those decisions for you. If you don't love yourself or know who you are, then others never will!