This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Most people know Pittsburgh for its signature foods such as Primanti’s sandwiches and pierogis. What some may not know, however, is that Pittsburgh’s brunch scene is seriously amazing. A beloved weekend tradition in large cities like New York City and Los Angeles, brunch is also becoming increasingly popular in the ‘burgh, and I for one am not complaining. What could be better than delectable breakfast and lunch combinations, paired with mimosas and Bloody Mary’s? For breakfast and lunch lovers alike, here are a few of my favorite Pittsburgh brunch spots:

Coca Café:

A highlight of the up-and-coming Lawrenceville neighborhood is definitely Coca Café, a cute café with a modern twist that is constantly bustling with regulars. Be prepared to wait in line or grab a drink from a nearby coffee shop, as Coca Café is usually packed on the weekends.  My favorite part about Coca’s brunch menu is their huge selection of omelets – loaded with cheese, veggies, smoked salmon, bacon, you name it. For those of us who are more health conscious, Coca Café also offers the option of making the omelets as a tofu scramble. The menu also features 5-6 seasonal specials that change weekly, so you’ll always be surprised.

Meat & Potatoes:

A popular downtown dinner spot, Meat & Potatoes also offers a weekend brunch that can’t be beat. The eclectic menu features breakfast classics like French toast and eggs, in addition to more unique options such as Korean bi bim bap. On my visit to Meat & Potatoes, I had the French toast, which is soaked in syrup and served with bananas, bacon, and almond brittle – can you say YUM?! And let’s not forget about the $5 Bloody Mary bar…

The Porch:

For us Pitt students trying to stay local, have no fear! The Porch at Schenley has an amazing brunch (which naturally includes all of their pizzas, because really, what college student doesn’t love pizza?). The Bacon & Eggs pizza is my favorite when it comes to brunching at The Porch, in addition to the Sunny Side Burger – topped with a sunny side up egg and cheese, and served with crispy taters on the side.

Park Bruges:

Imagine traveling to Europe and feasting on liege waffles with fresh fruit and powdered sugar every morning. Sounds amazing, right? Now imagine if you could do that in Pittsburgh… Park Bruges brings some European flare to Pittsburgh’s Highland Park neighborhood, featuring Belgian-inspired cuisine as well as American breakfast classics. For a true Belgian experience, the liege waffles are a necessity. Or, for those of us who crave something heartier, Poutine is something you must try. Bruges Frites (french fries) topped with gravy and cheese curds result in a satisfying bite every time, and are sure to leave you full and happy J.

Grand Concourse:

If there were a Queen of all brunch spots, Grand Concourse would wear the crown. This place has literally every brunch food you could ever think of – an omelet bar, sausage, bacon, potatoes, muffins, sticky buns, fruit, cheese, juice, coffee… You get the point. The best part about Grand Concourse brunch, however, is the donuts. Fresh and hot with a bowl of powdered sugar sitting next to them, just waiting to be dipped into – some call these donuts truly addicting.

The next time you wake up at noon on a Sunday (we all know how impossible it is to wake up early on the weekends), instead of pouring your usual bowl of cereal, remember that these amazing brunches are just waiting for you to try them! Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, author’s own, 5, 6

My name is Melodi Reich, and I'm currently a student at the University of Pittsburgh studying Information Science. After graduation, I hope to go into a technology related field. However, writing is one of my hobbies and passions, and being a part of Her Campus has allowed me to express my more creative side through writing articles and other content. Joining Her Campus was one of the best decisions I made in college, and I can't wait to use the skills I've gained through being in this organization in the future.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt