All the High Notes: The Best Dressed at the 2017 Grammys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Once a year, the Grammy Awards ask us to come for the fashion and stay for the music. This year was no exception. Sunday evening gave viewers the music business’ brightest stars in a colorful collection of couture. Of course, there are the perplexing gowns (looking at you, Girl Crush), those glaring clunkers (*cough* Halsey *cough*), and the just plain predictable (One word, Heidi Klum: yawn). But the Grammys never fail when it comes to color, pattern, texture, or shine. This is only a small tasting of those that shone the brightest this year.

Celine Dion

Celine’s glittering green gown and matching sparkly attitude were a red carpet high note. Bonus points for singing all her answers to all the reporters’ questions!

Rihanna

Not to be outdone, Rihanna arrived in a bustled skirt fit for a queen – and made her beautiful tattoos more glamourous than her jewelry.Her jewel encrusted flask was the cherry on top.

Elle King

While Coachella isn’t for a few more months, we’re loving Elle King’s romantic floral look. A Bohemian Bed of Roses, just in time for Galentine’s and Valentine’s Day.

Paris Jackson

The daughter of the late great Michael Jackson has grown up indeed. Paris flaunted her wild blonde curls and this magical dress made of rainbows. Wonder if she took a page out of Roxxxy Andrews’ candy couture book?

Beyonce

The Queen reigns supreme. There was not one look worn by Beyoncé that didn’t make our hearts flutter, take our breath away, and inspire us. She went from golden goddess, to crimson dream, to a living Venus. Extra love for her gracious and powerful speech, and for Blue Ivy’s too cute hot pink suit.

Camila Cabello

All controversy and opinions aside, Camila Cabello looked beautiful in this grey tulle. Somehow that floaty fabric, lilac appliques, and diamond-encrusted high collar work in perfect harmony.

Laverne Cox

Black leather, no panties, and winged liner for the gods – Miss Laverne slayed the red carpet in this Bryan Hearns number. When can we expect her to star in the Fifty Shades remake?

Carlon Thompson-Clinton

In defiance of her husband’s weird look (inspired by Christmas Pageant angels, maybe?), Carlon looked stunning in this deep plum and gold ensemble. Long sleeves have never looked so elegant. (Just ignore the rainbow shoe accents!)

Adele

We call this “Class Under Glass” by Adele. The British pop icon swept the award categories this year, and swept us all away in this performance gown. While black is her standard, the colorful cutouts give us the beauty of stained glass as Adele took us all to church. All I ask is that you send me that dress!

Bruno Mars as Prince

All you need to know about chemistry is this: Uptown Funk + Purple Rain = 24K Magic.

Photo creds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

A senior English Writing major at Pitt, one of the senior editors here at HC Pitt. The resident maker, news junkie, and history nerd, I can hem your pants and tutor you in the American Civil War, no problem!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt