7 Spooktacular TV Episodes to Put You in the Hallow-Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

During October, we always find ourselves scrounging for Halloween movies to get us in the spooky spirit. But let us not forget the TV shows we know and love to stir things up with a Halloween twist! From cartoons to dramas to comedies, these Hallows’ Eve specials do not disappoint.

1. “Scary Godparents”

Take a walk down memory lane with a fairly odd Halloween night. Watch Timmy Turner as he wishes for all of the Halloween costumes to be real and scary. I don’t think this wish turned out so great for Timmy and the gang… not that they ever really did…

2.“How to Succeed in Bassness”

It’s All Hallows’ Eve, Upper East siders. Don’t be scared to indulge in a little 1920s themed bash. Just be prepared for the wrath of Chuck and Blair, or even catch a sexy guest appearance from Hilary Duff! All you have to do is scroll to Season 3, Episode 7 of Gossip Girl on Netflix. You know you love me for this one ;)

3. “Halloween,” “Costume Contest,” “Spooked,” “Koi Pond” & “Here Comes Treble” Everyone loves a good office holiday party, or five. Luckily, Netflix offers all of these gems. Tune in to see if Dunder Mifflin’s Halloween offers a bunch of tricks or treats. I couldn’t choose a favorite… can you?

4. Scaredy Pants”

Who lives in a pumpkin under the sea? Wait, that’s not right. Anyway, watching Spongebob and Patrick running around Bikini Bottom scaring people sounds like the best October festivity to me. Caution: Beware of the Flying Dutchman!

5. “The One with the Halloween Party” 

Double, double toil and trouble is brewing above Central Perk! Monica and Chandler are throwing a Halloween Party, and you’re invited (to watch on Netflix). Who better to put you in the Halloween spirit than your favorite friends?

6.“Boxed In”This Halloween special will drive you batty attempting to figure out the mystery of the missing eleven year old boy. Mix-it up amongst all of these silly shows with a creepy Criminal Minds twist.

7. “Who Got Dee Pregnant?”

Clearly the best place to piece together who is the father of Dee’s baby is at a drunken Halloween party. It’s always funny with the Always Sunny cast…and this isn’t their only spooktacualr episode! Check out the others on good ol’ Netflix.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Claire Sabatine is a senior *wipes tears* at the University of Pittsburgh studying marketing and theatre arts. She is the PR & Events Chair for Her Campus Pitt and just ended a Sales, Marketing, and Promotions internship at PICT Classic Theatre in Pittsburgh. She hopes that post graduation she can influence her community with theatre for social change, promote and participate in arts integration in the classroom, and travel the world. Her heart is with Disney, Scandal, Sara Barielles, and NYC...but she originally hails from Rochester, NY. HCXO
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt