This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

The Office is easily one of the most beloved shows of members of our generation – and for good reason. The Office is hilarious, heartwarming and filled with dynamic characters. That being said, there are moments that are seriously painful. The following is a list of the most cringe-worthy episodes of The Office (and quite possibly of any show ever aired on television).

“Diversity Day” (Season 1, Episode 2)

As The Office progressed, Michael Scott went from seriously cringey to awkwardly relatable. Diversity Day, however, falls right in Michael’s uncomfortable phase. In this episode, Michael gets in trouble for mimicking a racist Chris Rock routine. Thus, a consultant must come in to conduct a diversity seminar. Instead of letting the consultant do his job, Michael creates his own seminar. Talk about awkward.

“Michael’s Birthday” (Season 2, Episode 19)

Some people love birthdays – Michael Scott included. But when a friend or co-worker is awaiting a cancer diagnosis, most people can pull back their excitement and narcissism. Unfortunately for Kevin, Michael does not. This certainly isn’t the most uncomfortable episode of the show, but I can’t help but feel for Kevin.

“Gay Witch Hunt” (Season 3, Episode 1)

Michael outs Oscar and kisses him against his will. Enough said.

“Diwali” (Season 3, Episode 6)

Imagine showing up at a cultural festival dressed as a ‘slutty cheerleader’ because you were told it was A COSTUME PARTY. And to make it worse, then the man you’ve been on THREE DATES WITH PROPOSES. Carol Stills experienced this horror firsthand in the Season 3 episode Diwali.

“Dinner Party” (Season 4, Episode 13)

Jan Levinson is easily one of the craziest characters on the US version of The Office. Dinner Party features Jan’s peak crazy: smashing her boyfriend’s TV in front of a room full of people. Luckily this episode somehow manages to be hilarious, despite how uncomfortable the situation is.

“Scott’s Tots” (Season 6, Episode 12)

I can’t accurately describe how uneasy Scott’s Tots makes me. In this episode, we find out that Michael offered a class full of children scholarships if they finished high school. When Michael can’t afford to follow through on his initial promise, he has to go the school and essentially break the hearts of a room full of children *shudder*.

“Nepotism” (Season 7, Episode 1)

Not only did Michael hire his nephew and not tell anyone (uh, kind of weird), but then he SPANKED HIM in front of an office full of people. Why, Michael. Why.

Picture credit: 1

Hi! I'm a junior at Pitt and I finally learned how to pump my own gas (But only at some gas stations - sorry, I'm from Jersey). I'm a big fan of cities, fast cars, alternative music and thinking outside the bun. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt