7 Flattering Valentine’s Day Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

No matter how you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day this year, whether it be on a date with your new crush, a night out with your fellow single friends, or over Skype with your long distance high school sweetheart, you want to feel confident in yourself! The outfits we choose give us a happy glow when they show off our naturally beautiful features. From petite, to curvy, to athletic, there’s a dress out there that will make you look amazing and allow your inner beauty to shine through. Last year’s bodycon may not cut it in terms of highlighting your best features, so check out these gorgeous numbers that will flatter every asset you’ve got. Flaunt it girl!

1.  Feminine and Fun

I adore this little hi-lo number from my favorite Instagram account, The Mint Julep Boutique. At an affordable $42.00, the way this festive dress flatters any type of figure–from curvier ladies such as myself to more petite girls–is a definite plus. The top of this dress is perfect for anyone who’s a little bit bustier, and includes a thick, supportive strap. The small v-neck gives this dress a feminine feel, and with the embellished black outline detail, all attention is drawn to your beautiful smile. It’s elegant enough to be worn at a fancy date night dinner, yet casual enough for a fun night out with the girls. Pair it with some heels and you’ll be showing off those long legs in the not so overly dramatic hi-lo skirt!

2.  Laced and Loaded

Add a pop of color to your Valentine’s Day party with a bold blue, like this dress from H&M. A color like this looks beautiful with any skin tone, and breaks away from the common neutrals we tend to see during the winter time. The best part about this dress is getting creative with it! Play it off as girly and innocent with pearls and ballet flats, or mimic this model and create a totally edgy vibe with dark platform heels and bold rings. For $34.95, you’ll be dancing the night away in this lightly flared style. The all-over lace pattern hides any post-Valentine’s day chocolate indulgence stomach, so you really can have your cake and eat it too!

3.  Pretty in Pearls

Show off your dainty side in this gem of a dress! With its $89 price tag, you can get your money’s worth by wearing it to parties and dates, or casually throughout spring and summer. The shape of this dress paired with the cream color is a graceful look that you’ll feel confident in year round. The high contrasting cream and black tones will give your body a perfectly natural hourglass figure, ideal for girls who may have a more athletic or straight build. This dress is sure to flatter most body types, especially smaller chested ladies, since the neckline and collar will balance you out.

4.  Sweet, Sexy and Strapless

You’ll look like a goddess in this emerald green hue! If you’re a bit wider in the hip area, don’t fret – the flowy feel of this dress will distract you from any insecurities you may have. The striking jewel belt sitting at the smallest part of your waist defines your figure, giving you that hourglass figure. The texture at the top is not only pretty, but it draws attention upwards, away from any problem areas. If you’d like, add a cardigan or fitted jacket for those chilly nights–just make sure it ends below the hip line so it doesn’t add more volume. At $79, you can go nuts dressing up this simple yet uniquely colored selection from Lulu’s!

5.  Naturally Notable

Strut your stuff time and time again with a color as neutral as your very own skin tone. Nude dresses give you a lot of room to play up your look, giving you the power to direct attention anywhere you’d like! I love this model’s choice of a super bold lipstick, automatically drawing attention to your face. A statement necklace, winged eyeliner, or voluptuous curls will work the same wonders. Don’t be afraid to throw on red heels or add a sparkly clutch to draw the eye in alternate places (and of course add some festiveness!). Have a little fun with your outfit! This dress is so versatile, you won’t want to pass it up. Check it out at Nasty Gal for $68.

6.  Dazzling Darlin’

What would a romantic Valentine’s Day weekend be without a little sparkle? Shine bright and look fabulous no matter what body type you’re rockin’. The dark skirt and fitted top make your midsection practically disappear. For ladies lacking in the chest area, a dress like this is perfect for creating an illusion of fullness. Forever 21 has this beauty for only $29.80.

7.  Polka-Dot Princess

Sweetie, this dress was practically made for you! ModCloth did it again; with a perfectly tailored A-line shape, this dress gives a feminine look to any body type. Zooey Deschanel would be jealous of your look, with the flattering all-over polka dot pattern creating a slimming effect and the rosy pink giving a feel of innocence. For $59.99, you’ll be impressing your date all night long with the confidence this dress will help give you. Bustier girls, rejoice! The straps will keep everything in place, so you won’t have to worry about adjusting your neckline. But, if you’re single and want to show off your fun side, the straps are removable! The ruching at the top is perfectly structured to draw interest upwards, as well as provide support. Enjoy your day with a look that says lovely!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt