6 Fashion Statements You’ll See in Hillman Library This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We’ve all had days where we literally just roll out of bed and head to class. For some of us, that day is every day, but I digress. Either way, whether you’re always put together or the only pants you own are sweats, you will definitely see these looks at Hillman Library at some point this semester.

1. Full on Pajamas

It might be a little early on the semester for this one but trust me, once we start to hit midterms, look out.

2. Way Too Overdressed

On the other end of the spectrum, these are the people who look like they just came from a ball. Mad respect for you guys.

3. Layers, Layers, Layers

I’m not going to lie, this is totally me. You never know what the temperature in Hillman is going to be and it differs depending on what floor you’re on. You might look a little like you packed for a month long camping trip but better safe than sorry, right?

4. Dresses

…yeah. These people are really only here to talk to their friends because who really wants to study in a dress?

5. Jeans and a T-shirt

This person probably just came from class. They probably came in with the plan to get a ton of work done but after an hour or two of that unforgiving air-conditioning, they’ll inevitably pack up and be on their way.  

6. Comfy Cozy

This is arguably the smartest person in Hillman. They’ve got their sweatpants on. They’ve got their blanket. They’ve got their Venti cappuccino. They’re ready to get a week’s worth of homework and studying done in one sitting. Props.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Hi there! I'm Abbie and I am double majoring in non-fiction writing and communications at the University of Pittsburgh. My passions include napping and napping some more. On the off chance that I'm not napping, I'm probably somewhere in the library or chilling out with friends.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt