diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Fake a Shower

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We all have those days and nights where we just dont want to shower. Maybe youre just too lazy, you have a ton of homework to do and feel like you have no time, or you just like how your hair looks that day and dont want to have to re-do it. Trust me, I know what this feels like, and Im guilty of it way too many times! Yet, there are ways to skip out on a shower the right way that will still leave you feeling clean and beautiful. Try out these hacks the next time youre looking for an out!

1. Baby Wipes. If you don’t even feel like taking a shower to wash your body while just throwing a shower cap on, baby wipes are the answer! They’re great if you just feel the need to freshen up after a light workout, or maybe you were just running around all day and feel gross. They’re great for sensitive skin too, and have a clean scent that will have you feeling better than ever.

2. Baby Powder as dry shampoo. Notice the trend here with the baby products! Although so many people have dry shampoo on their “must” list for beauty products, I’ve never seen the big deal over it. My hair would need so much from a bottle in just one sitting that it isn’t necessarily cost effective. If you’re in the same boat, baby powder is your answer! It’s a cheap alternative to dry shampoo, and takes the grease completely out of your hair. My friends and I swear by it every day! Just make sure you rub it in enough with your fingers to avoid having some white spots in your hair. I also try not to apply it directly to the scalp, as it’s harder to rub in there. Use as much as you need, and flip your head over to get some of the parts underneath! Get ready to become obsessed.

3. Dryer Sheets. Aside from looking a little oily after some time, you may start to notice that your hair is getting to be an untamable frizz-ball. Rubbing a dryer sheet on your hair will help calm down the static and make those unwanted flyaways look more tamed.

4. Face Wipes. Even though it’s normal to sometimes skip your shower day and go just a little longer, it’s important to make sure you’re still cleaning your skin. Face wipes are key to making sure you take your makeup off, and keep your pores from becoming clogged with dirt and oils. You can find a reasonably priced package of cleansing wipes in CVS or Rite Aid, or can also find more upscale brands at stores like Sephora. At the end of the day, all that matters is that you’re investing in some to make sure your skin is healthy!

5. Re-style your hair. If your hair still looks like it’s only on day one without a shower, then go for it and rock it down! If you’re like me, you need to change up the style and get it off your face and neck. Switching to a side braid, a ponytail, a bun (polished or messy), or a headband to keep it all pulled back are just a few of the many ways to style your hair in a cute way while hiding that it’s in need of a wash.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4

Katie handles the day-to-day management, development and expansion of our chapter network to ensure that our on-campus presence is stronger than ever. She recently graduated from the University of Pittsburgh, where she studied Nonfiction Writing and Communication. Her extensive Her Campus background dates back to 2012 and she has since held the position of Campus Correspondent and Chapter Advisor. When Katie isn’t watching the Pittsburgh Penguins, you can find her trying new restaurants, obsessing over her long list of shows (The O.C., Scandal and Gilmore Girls are top picks) or setting out to find the perfect donut.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt