This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

As the new school year starts, it can be a stressful time! Therefore, having go-to, reliable products to keep your skin intact is important. Whether you are just starting in your skin care journey or have a 20-step routine, these three products will become your new staple. 

Micellar Water

Rule one of any skin care routine is to never go to bed with makeup on. However, with busy schedules it can be hard to go through the process of using a facial cleanser. Instead, a great substitute is micellar water! I recommended Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 makeup remover. This will wipe away all leftover makeup and leave your skin feeling refreshed and as clean as if you had used a cleanser! 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Last summer, this product was all the buzz on TikTok and YouTube — and for good reason! This serum clears up blemishes and pores while being gentle on sensitive skin and has become my holy grail! Beauty stores like Ulta and Sephora carry this product at an affordable price. 

A Jade roller

Self-care is essential to every beauty routine, and with a jade roller you can moisturize and give yourself a well-deserved facial massage all-in-one! Not only is this relaxing, but it also helps smoothen your complexion. To use a jade roller, apply your favorite moisturizer without rubbing it in all the way. Then, using up and down motions, massage the moisturizer into the skin from the neck up. Jade rollers are available at Ulta, SephoraTarget or Amazon.