1950’s Oakland Flashback

This side of what was "Joe Mama's" is something I really hope the new owners keep up. The mural's style instantly flashes you back to an older time, one where "ball playing" on the street was apparently a serious concern (see bottom right corner). The shoes hanging on the telephone wire and graffiti on top of the roof also remind you of old school high school pranks. All this adds a surprisingly cozy old-time feel to this street just off of bustling Forbes.

Junior Economics and Chinese major at Pitt! I am Fundraising chair for our fantastic Pink Level Chapter that was voted "Most Philanthropic" last year. Since I love volunteering and organizing people to help our Pittsburgh community, getting HC members into fun, innovative ways to build this community is my job. We also have fundraisers for both ourselves and our charity partner She's the First. To find out more about their amazing work check out https://www.shesthefirst.org/Look out for our HC Night Out tickets this October! Inquiries: jmc248@pitt.edu