jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

15 Times John Mulaney Accurately Described Pitt/College Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

John Mulaney is comedy gold. I laughed until I cried when I watched Kid Gorgeous for the first time (never did I think someone could make child kidnapping and exorbitant tuition rates so hilarious,) and his other two Netflix specials are equally as enjoyable to watch. In honor of my favorite comedian, here are some instances in which John Mulaney shows he really understands what it’s like to be a college student.

When you’re about to miss the 10A and don’t want to walk all the way to upper campus

When the security guard at the Pete gives you a hard time because you forgot your ID

When your professor tries to crack a joke at your 8 a.m.

When you want to go to Hillman to study with your friends but it’s 11 p.m. and everyone says no

When the professor says the paper is due tomorrow but you thought it was due next week

When the Ride Systems App says the 10A is coming in two minutes but it doesn’t come for another twenty

When you try to submit your paper on CourseWeb but it’s 12:01 a.m.

When you finish your finals before all of your friends

When you’re drunk at The O at 2 a.m.

When your 10-minute walk to Cathy needs to be a five-minute walk

When you’re a senior still receiving emails from clubs you never joined at the freshman year Activities Fair

When you’re forced to take a lit gen-ed

When you’re rushing a fraternity or sorority for the first time

When a frat bro sees you even remotely drunk, leaving a party on Meyran

When you finally pay off all your student debt, but your school still wants to bleed you dry

Photo Credit: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Hi, I'm Jess! I'm a Senior at The University of Pittsburgh double-majoring in Nonfiction English Writing and Communication with a French Minor.  "Nothing even matters except love and human connection- who you loved, and how deeply you loved them; how you touched the people around you, and how much you gave them."
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt