The 13 Thoughts You Have When in Line at Chipotle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Can you think of a more pleasant experience than cradling the perfect combination of meat, cheese, veggies, and salsa all wrapped in a blanket of warmth like a newborn child? It’s the definition of pure bliss. But anyone who has reached this moment of Chipotle-induced euphoria knows that it comes with a price. And that price is patience. Here are some thoughts you have probably had while in line for your burrito:

1. Ugh, I almost miss the days of the E. coli threat. The lines were much shorter back then.

2. You run through what’s left of your bank account to see if you have the money to spare for guac. Hint: you always have enough for guac.

3. I’m hungry. And I’m dying. I might not make it. Send help.

4. You stare down every person who makes it to the register and gets to carry away their football full of meat and cheese and glory. They made it, and you want so badly to be happy for them, but all you can feel is extreme envy.

5. Bowl or burrito…burrito or bowl…bowl…or burrito?

6. Woah. Wait. Did you know they had other options on the menu? Does anyone actually order tacos here?

7. You try not to glare at those already seated while they eat, but it’s hard. Do they even appreciate what they have right now? DO THEY EVEN KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE???

8. Shouldn’t we get loyalty points or frequent flier miles or something? I eat here a few times a week – doesn’t that entitle me to at least a FastPass or something?

9. This is it. I’m going to die right here in line. The saddest part: I will die without one last burrito.

10. That person is taking forever to order. How do you not know what you want from the second you walk through the doors? How do you not know what you want the second you decide to make the venture down Forbes?

11. Now you’re second guessing your go-to order. Maybe you should mix it up this time. But what if it’s not good? I mean, you know it’ll be good, but what if it’s not as good as it could be?

12. No, no. You know what you want. Stick with the plan. Stick with the plan!

13. Okay, here you go. Now is your chance. The wait, the growling stomach, the stress, it’s all coming to an end. And it was so worth it.

Picture Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt