This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Here’s a scenario: You’re out with your friends one night and you bring a guy home. You’re all excited because all you can think of is the great sex you will hopefully have with him later. You get to your house and all is well; there’s no awkwardness, everyone is having fun. It’s time to “go to bed,” so you and your man head to your room, turn the lights off, and immediately things start to heat up. Clothes come off, one thing leads to another, and then he’s on top of you ready to “do the deed.” You’re thinking, “Yes, I can’t wait for this great orgasm that’s about to happen!” Fast-forward…10 seconds later, he stops. You were just getting into it, what could’ve happened? Was it you? But then you think, “What could I have done wrong? I’m just lying here.” He hops off you and lies down.

At this point you are so thankful that the lights are off because he definitely doesn’t need to see the face you are making. You think to yourself, “That’s it? Really? I’m pretty sure he thrusted into me a maximum of 5 times. Where’s my orgasm? Why does he get to orgasm and then fall asleep perfectly content?” This, my friends, is called 10-second sex: the sex where your boyfriend or hookup buddy literally lasts 10 seconds. It’s taken you longer to put your shoes on than the amount of time you just had sex for.

I’m sure many of us have unfortunately been in this situation. So what do we do now? You’re laying there still in shock and he is ready to start up a conversation about how your day was. You would love to go for round two, but you have to wait until he “recovers” down there so he can conjure up some stamina (hopefully for more than 10 seconds).

A few questions are probably running through your head right now:

1) Should I have him sleepover?

Well, if he is your boyfriend, then most likely yes. If this is a recurring theme you can talk it out and discuss how to better your sex life. If he is your hookup buddy that you never plan on seeing again, kick that sucker out! He is the one who should feel embarrassed, so if you do end up running into him again, walk with confidence since you have done no wrong. If your hookup buddy is your friend, you can either kick him out or pray for morning sex that you can hopefully both enjoy.

2) What should I do know?

You’re not satisfied—actually, you’re pretty angry—so there’s no chance you can fall asleep right now, let alone fall asleep to the sound of him snoring. Maybe you can actually engage in a conversation and start up again 30 minutes later. It’s a proven fact that if a man has ejaculated within 24 hours of you having sex, the next time he will be able to last longer and keep his erection for longer than last time. If he isn’t up for round two, tell him how you feel and make him go to work on you. After all, it’s not fair that he got the “big O” and you didn’t.

3) What if this keeps happening?

If you and your boyfriend are continually having this problem, there may be something seriously wrong. He might have premature ejaculation, which is in fact a disorder. But no worries, there are treatments for it. If you gave your hookup buddy a few more chances after the first failure, then I think it’s time to move on to a new one that can satisfy your needs and that you can truly enjoy having sex with.

Good luck with all of your sex lives! I hope you continue to enjoy yours!

Source:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002492/

Photo credit:

http://saintleoinkblot.com/2012/11/08/research-participants-needed/sb10062612q-001/

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt