10 Reasons Why Pitt is Better Than Penn State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Before we see how game day goes, though we have a hunch who’ll win, here are a few reminders of why Pitt is better than Penn State. 

1. The date: September 10, 2016. The score: 42-39. Yup, that’s right – Hail To Pitt!!!

2. Pitt has Cathy.

Need I say more? 

3. City of Champions!!

It’s no secret that Pittsburgh has the best sports teams. The Steelers have won the most Super Bowls, and the Penguins are back-to-back Stanley Cup Champions. When you go to Pitt, you live in a city of champions!

4. School of Innovation.

Pitt has so many programs, like the Innovation Institute, that help students research and invent new products to help better the world. Pitt students are awarded grants and prize money all the time for their innovative ideas. The research being done by our medical and science schools is revolutionary. Have you heard of the SkinGun treatement for burn victims? Yeah, that’s being developed by UPMC.

5. The Nationality Rooms

Where else can you have class in amazing classrooms from around the world?? Not Penn State, that’s for sure.

6. In 1952, Jonas Salk invented the world’s first Polio vaccine right here. 

Salk was appointed to Pitt’s School of Medicine and rid the world of deadly Polio. You’re welcome, PSU.

7. The View of the Pittsburgh Skyline As You Come out of Fort Pitt Tunnel.

Being blinded by the sun and then seeing all of beautiful Pittsburgh at once…it’s breathtaking. What does PSU have? Cows and manure fields…not the most aesthetically pleasing.

8. Pitt has Better Food.

With over 50 restaurants on Forbes and Fifth Avenues alone, Pitt has a wide range of amazing food to try. Pittsburgh is famous for putting fries on buffalo chicken pizza, Primanti’s sandwiches, and yummy pierogies. We were even voted as having the best cheesesteak in PA! Also, Dave & Andy’s is waaay better than the PSU Creamery.

9. Better Opportunities for Jobs + Internships.

We live in a city. They live in a cornfield. If you want to get a job, your best bet is coming to the city with one of the highest job rates in the country. Pitt has so many connections and career fairs, you’re bound to find an internship or job to suit your needs. 

10. P – I T – T  >  We Are

Photo cred: 123, author’s own, 5678910 

Sarah Churchman, HC Pitt's Senior Editor, is a super senior at the University of Pittsburgh studying Computer & Information Science with a specialty in User Design! She is the reserach lead in CyREN, the school's cybersecurity lab. Along with InfoSci, Sarah is minoring in Creative Writing with a focus in poetry. She is an editor at Forbes & Fifth, a student-run magazine. She is also part of H2o church. She's obsessed with tacos, Tommy Hilfiger, and ordering things off Amazon Prime!
Casey Schmauder is a Campus Correspondent and the President of Her Campus at the University of Pittsburgh. She is a senior at Pitt studying English Nonfiction Writing with a concentration in Public and Professional Writing.