10 Reasons Why Fall Has My Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I love summer. There’s nothing like taking a break from classes to work on your tan and hang out by the pool. However, as sad as I am to see it go, I’m even more excited for what takes its place… FALL. Keep on reading to see why this gorgeous season will always have my heart.

1. Cooler weather

After four months of hot summer heat and humidity, there’s something refreshing about the cooler temps that come along with fall. There seems to always be a crisp fall breeze blowing, and everything feels cozy. Plus, it’s perfect for bonfires. And you know what goes hand in hand with fall weather…

2. Fall fashion

‘Tis the season for flannels, oversized sweaters, hoodies, boots, yoga pants… the list goes on and on. Fall fashion just so happens to be as comfortable as it is chic, and it’s 100 percent amazing.

3. The beauty goddesses give you a break

Haven’t shaved my legs in four days? Ehhh I’ll just throw on my yoga pants and head out the door. No one will ever know. And the toenail polish I’ve been meaning to touch up for two weeks now? No worries, my combat boots are here to save the day. *I could never get away with this in the summertime* I. Love. Fall.

4. You can finally snuggle under blankets without breaking a sweat

If you’re anything like me, you can’t sit down on the couch to watch a movie without snuggling under a blanket (even if it’s 90 degrees out). The time has finally come where you can do this without feeling like you’re trapped in an oven. There is something so comforting about falling asleep on a cold night wrapped in layers of cozy blankets.

5. Fall TV shows come back

I do have to say, Stranger Things rocked my world this summer. But, that didn’t mean I still wasn’t counting down the days for my fall favorites like How to Get Away with Murder to come back! Yes, Shonda Rhimes, I’ll gladly hand my soul back over to you now if it means I get to look at Billy Brown every week again. *insert heart eye emoji here* Other favorites include: Dancing with the Stars, Scandal, The Voice and The Walking Dead.

6. Fall foliage

Because is there anything more beautiful than walking around campus when it looks like THIS!?

7. Pumpkin. Flavored. Everything.

Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin cupcakes. Pumpkin dip. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pancakes. Pumpkin spice hot chocolate. I get so excited when my Pinterest feed starts looking like this. Fall rolls in and brings every delicious sweet with it, and I CAN’T. GET. ENOUGH.

8. Pumpkin patches

Trips to the pumpkin patch on a chilly day are pure magic. Go on a hayride, find your way through a corn maze, feed the farm animals and take in all the natural beauty of fall.

9. Halloween (and all things scary)

I’m not sure there’s a holiday more fun than Halloween. The entire month of October is eerily exciting and mystical. There’s endless candy to eat, pumpkins to carve, haunted houses to get your heart racing, scary movie marathons to watch and my all time favorite, Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood to visit.

10. New Beginnings

More than anything, there’s something so exciting about all the fresh beginnings fall brings to us: a new school year filled with new classes, a new job or internship, a new apartment and one thing every Panther looks forward to… a new season of PITT FOOTBALL!

Photo Credit: 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 – Author’s own photo, 8, 9,10

Julia is a Media and Professional Communciations major at the University of Pittsburgh. She loves photography, dogs, scary movies, and singing in the car! She is very excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and to grow as a writer.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt