10 Delicious Friendsgiving Recipes You Should Bring to the Table

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Thanksgiving is so close that you can practically smell your family’s delicious cooking.  And with Thanksgiving comes our beloved Friendsgiving, when we gather with our friends for a special Thanksgiving dinner, but the key difference being that WE have to cook our turkey day favorites. If you’re ready to take on the challenge of preparing a dish to bring to the table but you’re not quite sure what to make, here are some recipes that will be surefire hits with your squad!

1. Marshmallow mashed sweet potatoes

Top your traditional mashed sweet potato dish with marshmallows for a decadent dish that no one can resist.

2. Simple sausage ring

This Taste of Home cheesy, meaty bread is so easy to make and will leave everyone’s mouths watering for more!

3. Homemade applesauce

Nothing beats homemade applesauce! Try out this simple recipe from Allrecipes.

4. Cauliflower mac & cheese

Feel guilt-free while chowing down on Betty Crocker’s skinny recipe for cauliflower mac & cheese.

5. Loaded baked potato casserole

Take plain old mashed potatoes to a new level, jam-packed with flavor all thanks to Tablespoon’s recipe.

6. Bacon-wrapped stuffing bites

Just when you thought stuffing couldn’t get any better! These bites will be the best appetizer at the table.

7. Garlic parmesan monkey bread

A Friendsgiving meal isn’t complete without bread. Surprise your friends with this savory twist to traditional monkey bread.

8. Green bean casserole crescent cups

This Pillsbury recipe puts everyone’s favorite casserole into bite-sized cups for a fun way to eat and less mess!

9. Pecan pie bars

We know the struggle of cutting a pie all too well. Eliminate the unnecessary stress, and enjoy the classic taste of pecan pie in bar form.

10. Chocolate peanut butter acorns

Your friends will be picking on this sweet snack all night!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

Erin is the President of HC Pitt. She is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering, currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Besides Her Campus, she is also involved in Pitt American Society of Civil Engineers. When Erin isn't studying, you can find her dancing, binging New Girl, jamming out to John Mayer or exploring the Burgh!
Kelly is the President/ Campus Correspondent at HC Pitt. She is a senior double majoring in English writing and communication rhetoric while pursuing a certificate in digital media. Writing has always been a passion of hers, and she hopes to work in book publishing and a best-selling author one day. She works as a tutor at Pitt's Writing Center and an intern at Creative Media Agency Inc. In her free time, she works on her novel, reads stacks of books and explores Pittsburgh with her friends.