10 Books to Read During a Pittsburgh Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

It’s that time of year, everyone. Pittsburgh fall is finally upon us. The daylight is leaving faster, the air is colder and the rain is coming down. The only practical response is to get cozy, make yourself a hot cup of tea and curl up with a book that’s not for homework. If you’re looking for that next book to skip class for, look no further than our fall book list!

The Road Less Traveled by Scott Peck

“I had to read it for my one legal studies class last semester so rereading it just for enjoyment this sometime made me appreciate it a little more.” – Eva

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

The Chemist by Stephanie Myer

“I recently read The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer, and it’s now one of my favs! It’s such a good thriller which is probably my favorite genre.” – Hanna

Ms. Marvel Comic Series

“So wonderfully written, and on top of that, a very subtly political series which I like.” – Sarah

Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell

“If you just want a ridiculous book about love/hospital drama/the mob, I suggest Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell. Such a preposterous, hilarious, wild ride from start to finish.” – Kate

Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys

“I read it for AP Lit in high school, and it became my favorite book. SO beautifully written and thought-provoking.” – Sierra

Once More We Saw Stars by Jayson Greene

Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

“Not my favorite but definitely enjoyed the read. Then you can watch the movie and count all the differences.” – CK

Dracula by Bram Stoker

“I’m in the middle of reading Dracula by Bram Stoker for class, and I’m liking it a lot! It’s the perfect time of the year to read about vampires and bats, as well.” – Anne

Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell

“This is a sequel to Carry On. It’s a fun, unbelievably witty book that follows vampires and magicians, and it has a love story that will make your heart melt.” – Anne

Happy reading!

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt