10 Black-Owned Businesses in Pittsburgh You Should Support

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Throughout the past several months, racial and economic disparities in the United States have been illuminated by the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s important, now more than ever, to support local businesses and show our appreciation for the racial diversity that exists within our country. Check out this list of black-owned businesses you can shop in Pittsburgh!

Live Fresh Juicery

Live Fresh Juicery sells yummy acai bowls, smoothies and cold-pressed juices. Located in Homestead, this black-owned business will help you feel healthy and satisfy your taste buds!

Tana Ethiopian Cuisine

This black-owned restaurant is located in East Liberty and is the only Ethiopian restaurant in Pittsburgh! Check out their mouth-watering menu here.

Onyx Therapy Group

It can be hard to find a therapist that reflects your own racial background if you’re a minority! Onyx Therapy Group is black-owned and has lots of black therapists to choose from if you’re in need of mental health support!

Everyday Cafe PGH

This black-owned cafe was created by the Bible Center Church. You can relax and enjoy a delicious bite to eat at this eatery located in Homewood!

Salúd Juicery

The Salúd Juicery located in the Oakland neighborhood is black-owned and delicious! Stop by for incredible smoothie bowls and juices!

The Tiny Bookstore

Located in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, this black-owned bookstore is the perfect place to pick up those must-reads on your list!

Trap Yoga Studios

Trap stands for “teaching radiance and positiveness” and this yoga studio does exactly like that! This black-owned business is focused on promoting diversity and wellness, and is the perfect place to get your workout in!

Third Day Soaps & Garden Spa

This black-owned etsy shop run in Pittsburgh sells holistic skin and body care products that smell delicious and nurture your body!

Blis 23 Candle Co.

This black-owned Pittsburgh business hand pours their 100% soy candles in a variety of enchanting scents! Click here to join their emailing list!

Jo’s Body Shop Co.

This black-owned business sells handmade luxurious body products and hand sanitizer that are earth-friendly and made with clean ingredients. Check out their website here.

Hi, I'm Olivia! I'm a senior at the University of Pittsburgh pursuing a major in Neuroscience, minors in Spanish, Africana Studies, and Chemistry, and a certificate in Global Health! In my free time you can find me at the gym, listening to a podcast, or hanging out with my friends!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt