Life > Experiences

You Can Finally Have Remote Movie Nights on Disney Plus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

When quarantine first hit chrome extensions like Watch Party became a popular way to virtually hang out with your friends, but none of those extensions worked with Disney +. Disney has always taken protecting it’s content very seriously. One time my friends and I tried using Apple TV to stream a movie off of Disney + on our TV and the tech wouldn’t work. 

Woman with mask on laptop
Photo by Engin Akyurt from Unsplash
But now Disney has launched Group Watch; their own group watching program that allows you and your friends (with their own Disney + account) to watch a movie together and see share your reactions over the platform. 

I must say this came out just in time, with it being October and the time of year to watch the numerous Disney Halloween movies and shows. Now all that’s left to decide is what to watch first; Hocus Pocus? The Twitches? Halloweentown? 

Photo by Andrea Davis on Unsplash
Thankfully we have the whole month to enjoy them; and of course the rest of the year too. 

Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.