Valentine’s Day Special: Meet Omarr and Arielle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Meet the lovely couple: Omarr Rambert and HC Pepperdine’s very own Arielle Leonard! Recently celebrating their 2 year anniversary, this adorable, witty, and stylish couple gives us a glimpse into their love story and dynamics as a couple. 

Meet the couple: Omarr Rambert & Arielle Leonard

Years: Both are Juniors

Arielle’s Major: PR and Advertising

Omarr’s Major: Film Studies

Years Together: 2 years

Anniversary: January 6

Tell me about your love story.

Omarr: Freshmen year, our dorms were next to each other. I was in Phillips and she was in E. Penn. We met in a funny and unconventional way. I found out she was stalking me on Facebook.

Arielle: Not True!

Omarr: Kinda true. There was a get together that I heard about during NSO and I tweeted that I was about to go to this get together and she favorite the tweet. There was a popular song called “Going Down in The DM” and so I dmed her on Twitter about the get together.

Arielle: A couple of days later, we just decided to meet up with two of my other friends and just started talking from there.

Omarr: We were friends at first because I think that every successful relationship has to start as friends. You need that foundation. Second Semester Freshmen year was when we started dating.

What do you think each other’s best features are?

Arielle: I like his smile a lot. It’s just very bright. I like his eyes, they’re a really light brown and I’ve never seen a light brown color like that. It’s very unique. And his hair, of course, is quite nice.

Omarr: I like her personality, she makes me laugh and I’m able to be myself around her. We just have fun together. I’m so grateful to have that with her.

Describe each other in five words.

Omarr: Funny. Cute. Stylish. Small. Unique.

Arielle: Passionate. Crazy. Artistic. Funny. Different.

What are some of the things you love to do as a couple?

Omarr: Shop.

Arielle: Yes, definitely shopping and eating junk food late at night and watching Netflix.

Omarr: We watch movies, go to art museums, and since I’m really into photography, we dress up and take lots of pictures.

Arielle: We’re very laid back and really like to just chill.

Omarr: She did try to play me in basketball once during Freshmen year and that didn’t work out too well so we never tried it again. She’s not very coordinated lol.

ArielleI am coordinated.

What is your favorite memory together?

Omarr: We studied abroad together in Florence.

Arielle: We also took a trip to Paris together.

Omarr: Wait, can I choose two memories? We went to Milan fashion week and that was amazing because as a couple, we’re both so into style, and we’ve always wanted to go to that. And then we went to Paris together and put a lock on the Love Bridge.

Arielle: We actually put on three locks. It’s something that a lot of couples don’t get to do so we were really lucky. He was even sick at the time with Bronchitis. Oh, and we also got to see one of our favorite artists while there.

Omarr: Theophilus London was performing there so getting to see that show together was pretty cool.

What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?

Omarr: It’s a surprise. As far as she’s concerned, we’re doing nothing, but I do have something special planned. In fact, we’re actually having two Valentine’s Days. We’re celebrating today and then tomorrow, we’re going to LACMA to see Rain Room. I’m so glad that I was able to get tickets for the both of us.

My name is Queenie Navarro and I am an Accounting major in my 3rd year at Pepperdine University. On campus, I am involved with the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and am currently interning for College Fashionista as a Style Guru. In my free time, I enjoy going on spontaneous adventures and am devoted to the belief that life is about taking chances and trying everything that the world has to offer. I've shopped 'til I've literally dropped, I used to be part of a punk rock band, I've tried everything from escargot to scorpions on a stick, and have been fortunate enough to travel in over 40 countries before I even turned twenty. Overall, I consider myself to be a very open-minded person and am inspired, daily, by the people around me. One day, I dream of working for the corporate offices of some fashion magazine while hopefully getting to travel the world.