sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Taking Candy From Babies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Okay, I know the title of the article sounds horrible. I promise I’m not as bad of a person as that makes me seem — I don’t actually take candy from babies.

Halloween is just around the corner, and I have to admit, I’m not the biggest Halloween person anymore. If anything, I throw together a last minute Halloween costume if my friends insist. Freshman year of college I didn’t even dress up — my friends and I went out to dinner and then cuddled up to watch Halloweentown in the lobby of Conner (a freshman dorm). 

But, there is one part of Halloween that never fails to bring me joy. I look forward to it all year, every year. Drum roll please… Jimmy Kimmel’s “I Told My Kids I Ate Their Halloween Candy” segment. So while I don’t take candy from babies, watching parents taking it from their own children (jokingly) brings me a lot of joy.

There are always heartwarming moments with angel children, and then there are the kids who are so ridiculously upset that you can’t help but laugh. 

If you’re looking for a break from studying this week, watch one (or all) of these videos that are a staple of my Halloween experience. 

Below are the segments for the past eight years.

Happy Halloween! You’ll find me (not so patiently) waiting for the next segment to get dropped this year. 

2011

2012

2013

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

Hannah Miller

Pepperdine '21

Senior Associate, Integrated Marketing (Activation) at Her Campus Media + former Campus Correspondent at the Her Campus Pepperdine Chapter!