Silicone Bags are Changing the Game

The moment I heard about silicone bags, I knew I had to try them. I was already weary of using Ziploc bags — throwing them away after each use like most people do is just so wasteful. I was trying to wash and reuse them, but they wear and tear easily and have to be thrown away eventually. But, silicone bags can be washed and reused endlessly. Plus, they are usually freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe. But you don’t have to use them just for food — they can be used for anything. 

They are definitely an investment, but if you can afford to buy some, I think it’s worth the cost to reduce your waste. If you can’t afford them right now, it would be a great “adult” gift to ask for, like socks (but better). I’m slowly building my collection so that I can use them for everything. 

Here are some well-reviewed brands to consider!

Stasher
Zip Top
(re)zip
Lékué
Current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Pepperdine. Two decades in and still trying to figure out life. Senior IMC Major and Multimedia Design Minor. You'll usually find me smiling/laughing, loving on my friends, dancing like a fool, or being a spaz. I get way too invested in books, movies, and tv shows (unfortunately including reality tv).