This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

I have come to the realization that I have a problem…a candle problem. I am utterly obsessed with Target’s fall candles this year and may or may not have purchased 15+ since they were released. Now one might conclude that I am crazy upon reading that last statement, however, I prefer the term “candle connoisseur.” As your local candle connoisseur, it is my duty and privilege to inform you of my 5 favorite fall candles from Target this year.

#5, “Harvest” by Hearth & Hand. This candle smells like cinnamon and ~spices~ up any room it’s in! It’s from the Magnolia line in Target (shout out to Chip & Jo & my hometown). It comes in many different types of containers but I got the stemless, copper, wine glass-esque jar and it has a cute monogram of its name on the side. I got a 12.3 oz, single-wick candle for $15.

#4, “Harvest Pumpkin & Clove” by Opalhouse. This candle is a healthy blend of citrus and cinnamon and comes in the cutest iridescent jar! I was surprised when I smelled it because, contrary to its name, it doesn’t smell like pumpkin at all in my opinion. However, I still think it smells lovely and adds a fun and bright aesthetic to your fall decor! I got a 14 oz, single-wick candle for $15.

#3, “Fireside” by Hearth & Hand. Another candle from the Magnolia line (can you tell I’m from Waco?). This one has a more outdoorsy scent with lots of balsam coming through. I adore it! It came in the same cute, monogrammed, copper jar that “Harvest” did. I got a 12.3 oz, single-wick candle for $15.  

#2, “Crushed Apple & Spice” by Opalhouse. This candle smells like cinnamon apple pie and if you know me you know I love me some apple pie. It comes in an adorable iridescent jar as the previous Opalhouse candle does. I got a 14 oz single-wick candle for $15.

Finally, #1, “Warm Cider” by Threshold. I kid you not I audibly gasped when I smelled this candle. It smells just like apple cider, so much so that I ran over to the Keurig aisle and got some apple cider k-cups right after putting this candle in my cart. Not only does it exceed in the fragrance realm, but it comes in the CUTEST pumpkin-shaped jar that makes you feel so warm and cozy in your fall vibes. I got a 12 oz, 2-wick candle for $10.

Emma Thomasson

Pepperdine '21

Hello! My name is Emma. I am a student at Pepperdine University and I am studying Philosophy with the hopes of obtaining my MFT license after I graduate in 2021. I was born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Waco, Texas. That being said, I am avid supporter of Baylor sports and TexMex! I believe mental health is the most important thing to maintain in college. Some ways that I maintain mine include (but are not limited to) boxing, Disney, and beach days with my friends out here in Malibu!
Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.