Style > Beauty

Moroccanoil Rose Gold Color Depositing Mask Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

I have always wanted to dye my hair rose gold, but I have never had the guts to do it. So, when I heard Moroccanoil had released a line of temporary hair color depositing masks I was thrilled to see rose gold was one of the options.

https://www.moroccanoil.com/us_en/hair-care-rose-gold-color-depositing-m…

I immediately ordered a few of the colors they had in the 1 oz size so I could test them out. This was so helpful because it was only $7 per single-use packet, which is so much cheaper than having to buy an entire package of hair dye or getting my hair done professionally. They were mailed to me within a week and by the time I received them, I was ready to dye my hair that night. Here is what my hair looked like before:

Photo by Emma Thomasson 

I washed my hair that night and towel-dried it to where it was not soaking wet anymore. Then, I sectioned off my hair and applied the mask mainly to the ends of my hair where it was lightest. My favorite part about the mask is that it is ammonia and bleach-free and it has oils and proteins to keep your hair happy and healthy! I left it on for ten minutes, then thoroughly rinsed out my hair in the shower and voila! Rose gold hair!

Photo by Emma Thomasson  ​

This temporary dye left my hair feeling soft and smelling nice. I loved how the color turned out! I have washed it three times since, and it has faded a bit, but I am fine with it because now it is more subtle. So, if you are feeling like you need an appearance change but scared to take the leap, try these temporary hair dyes and you will not be disappointed (or at least if you are it is only temporary).

Emma Thomasson

Pepperdine '21

Hello! My name is Emma. I am a student at Pepperdine University and I am studying Philosophy with the hopes of obtaining my MFT license after I graduate in 2021. I was born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Waco, Texas. That being said, I am avid supporter of Baylor sports and TexMex! I believe mental health is the most important thing to maintain in college. Some ways that I maintain mine include (but are not limited to) boxing, Disney, and beach days with my friends out here in Malibu!