This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

One week ago hundreds of thousands of people across the world came together and marched for our lives. We showed that we were serious, we called out that this isn’t a moment, but a movement. And now we have to keep our word and keep fighting. Here are some ways to make sure you stay on top of that promise.

Register to Vote

Election day is November 7 and if you want to take action then you need to vote so make sure you are registered. And if you’re not old enough to vote yet you can pre-register so that when you are of age, you’re ready.

Research the Candidates

Make sure you know who is running and where they stand, as well as who stands behind them. Campaign donors are public knowledge, all you have to do is look, be informed.

Vote in the Midterm Elections

Remember there are more representatives to vote for than just the President, the midterm elections are equally important and can have a major effect on who has power in the government.

Vote in the Primaries

Candidates’ stance varies even within different parties and participating from the get-go is important to remember

Attend Town Halls

While voting might have the most obvious impact, making sure you are being heard before then is important. Attend town halls and keep the discussion going, never go silent. 

Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.