How to Dress for Fall in Hot Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Many of us love to think of the cute outfits we will wear during the colder seasons when we get tired of our summer wardrobes; we create images in our minds of which sweaters we will pair with what scarves, and hope that it gets cold enough to wear our favorite coat! However, living in Southern California, we don’t always get the opportunity to pull out our cutest coats from the back of our closets. So how does one dress during the fall season when it isn’t exactly “fall” weather? Well, here are three different combinations to inspire your next few outfits!

1. Opt for something that seems appropriate for cold weather, but doesn’t actually provide too much warmth. For instance, a great option is a sleeveless turtleneck with a pair of your favorite leggings. It will be cute and comfortable; what more could you ask for? Accessorize with an extra long necklace and a pair of oxford shoes! 

And don’t forget to choose your favorite pair of oxfords

2. Wear a sleeveless sweater dress with a pair of peep-toe booties; finish the look with your favorite earrings! 

3. Go for the trend and wear a jumper and t-shirt, and don’t forget to take an Insta pic! ​

No matter what you wear, don’t forget to enjoy the fall season and all of its joys! 

Paola Ramos

Pepperdine

I'm a Pepperdine University senior from Texas. I'm a Leo, a total dog lover, and an avid reader. Spanish is my first language, so I am bilingual and working on being trilingual (I just need to turn my conversational French into fluent French). I love to write; it's a way of life!
Megan Wastal

Pepperdine '19

Megan Wastal is a Senior at Pepperdine majoring in Advertising.  She is CC of her chapter and some of her favorite things include Coffee, browsing Pinterest, Zumba, Gilmore Girls (Team Logan), and going to High Tea. After college, she hopes to pursue a career in Entertainment Marketing. She is a member of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and comes from the Bay Area.