pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

To the Graduating Class of 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Saying goodbye to college? For many, 2017 is the year that we say goodbye to our senior year of college. In our senior year, we have reached the apex of our careers at school and are midway through realizing that the great beyond is calling for us and anticlimactically waiting for us to join.

The panic sets in and doubt floods every sense of your being, and you realize that you must start applying for jobs, try to obtain a good internship that will lead to a job, and/or figure out what is next in your life journey.

Through all of this, reflection sinks in, and we take the time to remember how we started and where we are now. For many of us, changes are significant, and for others, we have stayed true to who we always were. But the one commonality is that we have grown in good and in bad times, we have cherished moments of our college days, and we know that we will take the world by storm.

To those graduating Seniors:

The world is an unforgiving place that doesn’t care who wins or loses. It’s a world that will take you by storm and throw curveballs at you when you least expect it. Many won’t care what your excuses are for missing a deadline or coming into work a little late, but through it all there will be those who become your saving grace, who guide you and make you a better person. These people will become your guiding lights and will help you make your memories and journey memorable.

Don’t worry about what your future will be like, focus on the present, relish in the accomplishments of today, and focus on being the best version of yourself. Life will become what you make it, and it will take you where you need to be.

Congratulations on graduating, the next chapter of life awaits!