This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Whether you’re in a relationship or not, Galentine’s day is a fun way to celebrate your friendships.

Wiktor Karkocha | Unsplash

Personally, I’ll be celebrating Galentine’s Day on the 15th.  Here are a few ideas for what my friends and I might do:

1. A couple’s massage for me and my girl friend.  Groupon is a great way to find local spas that offer decent discounts on whatever services you’re looking for!

2. A mini road trip to a nearby town.  One of those places that you always talk about going to together but never end up doing.

3. Brunch.  You can’t go wrong with this one. I have never once turned down a brunch opportunity.  

4. Take a hike!  Hiking is great if you want to find something a little more active without detracting from the amount of quality time with your friends.

5. Find some interesting recipes and cook together for a home cooked meal.  This is just as good as, if not better than, splurging on a fancy dinner out. 

6. Grab some snacks and have a movie marathon.  If you want to go a little further, set up a projector and create an at-home theatre!

7. Photoshoots don’t have to be as superficial as some people make them out to be.  Have fun with it! It means a lot if you’re comfortable enough to pose around your friends!

Joanna Cabalquinto

Pepperdine '21

Hey guys, I’m Joanna and i’m super stoked to be writing for HerCampus and organizing fun events as Social Coordinator. I may be from the East Coast, but it only took one sunny afternoon in Malibu to realize I’m a Cali girl at heart. Some things I enjoy (in no particular order) are: hiking, movies based on true events, soft r&b, cookie dough, and long conversations. Can’t wait to write for you guys this year, and if you see me on campus don’t hesitate to say hi!