Exploring Downtown Culver City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Culver City? There is a downtown Culver City? Where is that? These are often the few things that I hear from many people when I tell them where I live. Culver City, Downtown Culver City, is known for its rich movie history, hip urban vibe, and it’s centrality on the Westside of Los Angeles. Culver City has been my home for over three years and here are the top three musts one must check out in this amazing little slice of heaven.

Culver Steps

The Culver steps are the equivalent of the Santa Monica stairs and they are a must weekend activity for all of us locals. These steps may look deceiving but they are one of the hardest steps to conquer… and boy you will feel amazing once you do.

The Culver Hotel

This is a historic and very iconic place in Los Angeles. It is known for the many celebrities it has hosted over it’s 100 years and is more importantly known for its hosting of the cast of The Wizard of Oz. This hotel has amazing live jazz on the weekends along with great food and drink.

Sony Studio Tours

This is a must. Take the risk and explore all that this studio has to offer. It is a fun walking tour that you can take that will widen your knowledge and give you an insight to studio movie life.