The Countdown Begins: What’s on Your Senior Bucket List?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

So you’ve made it to the last semester, a wiser and better person than when you first stepped in through the Pepperdine gates, a nervous and uncertain freshman. Well, hopefully. By now, I’m sure you’ve begun to take note of time and how limited it is before actual adulthood is at your doorstep. But don’t panic yet!

We don’t want you to graduate and leave with regrets, and so HCPepperdine has created a list of 10 things that should be on every senior’s bucket list.

1. Malibu Farm

Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, this Instagram-worthy restaurant should be on your radar for its cool and relaxed vibes and gourmet Mediterranean menu.

2. Hike to the Cross

You don’t have to be the most physically fit to do this hike. However, as a major Pepperdine activity, this is something you and your friends don’t want to miss out on. Just think about the view at the top. You’ll definitely feel #soblessed.

3. Study/Relax on the Beach

We’re a university overlooking a gorgeous ocean. How have you not done this yet?

4. Watch the Sunrise/Sunset

You may never get to live in Malibu again once you graduate. Enjoy the scenic ocean sunrises and sunsets. You’ll get the feels for sure.

5. Attend a PIT Show

The Pepperdine Improv Troupe has always been a major part of Pepperdine’s culture. It is beyond pee-your-pants-off funny and happens once a month.

6. Watch DIF

Perhaps the most beautiful production Pepperdine has to offer is Dance In Flight because it is a show in which all students, regardless of their major, are able to showcase their dance talents in a phenomenal dance play.

7. Shop on Santa Monica Third Street

The iconic Third Street promenade is the only place you need to be on a Friday or Saturday night when you’ve got the urge to spend. Along with having many stores, Third Street features street performers and offers a romantic atmosphere with light decorations hanging from above.

8. First Fridays

Are you a foodie? Then First Fridays are a must. Happening every first Friday of the month, this event features rows and rows of food trucks along Venice’s famous Abbot Kinney.

9. Spring Concert

Concerts at Pepperdine are a great way for students to come together and enjoy. Don’t miss out on your last once. You never know when you’ll be in the same place as all your peers again.

10. Malibu Café

This café is hidden near Calamigos Ranch and while on the pricey side, it does have an ambiance about it that makes it the perfect place for a little romance. It’s no wonder it’s a top wedding spot for many Pepperdine student alumni.

My name is Queenie Navarro and I am an Accounting major in my 3rd year at Pepperdine University. On campus, I am involved with the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and am currently interning for College Fashionista as a Style Guru. In my free time, I enjoy going on spontaneous adventures and am devoted to the belief that life is about taking chances and trying everything that the world has to offer. I've shopped 'til I've literally dropped, I used to be part of a punk rock band, I've tried everything from escargot to scorpions on a stick, and have been fortunate enough to travel in over 40 countries before I even turned twenty. Overall, I consider myself to be a very open-minded person and am inspired, daily, by the people around me. One day, I dream of working for the corporate offices of some fashion magazine while hopefully getting to travel the world.