you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Confessions of the Post Grad Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.
POST GRAD LIFE

The most common question for seniors is “what are you going to do once you graduate?”. And as a recurrent college grad, the most common question for me is what kind of job do you want? Well it’s not that easy. I know some people have their lives together and good for you, but I’m still trying to figure out what I want. It’s stressful not having a job lined up, but in many cases it’s normal. It takes a while to hear back from a job you applied too, and it’s even harder to get an interview. Several people have told me that your first isn’t always your dream job, but it’s the first step needed to get some experience.

Post grad life can be stressful, especially since we are all looking for a jo. My advice for those waiting for the real world is just to take your time. Make sure you’re studying what you really want to study. Keep in contact with your close friends, explore your city a little, find a cute cafe to work at or new places to eat, and travel a little. We’ll see where life takes us. As for now, I’ll continue my job hunt, explore a little, eat in new places, laugh with friends, drink at a cafe, and make sure that I am happy. I will say moving forward always brings a new adventure and some challenges, so I wish you all the best.  

Hola, mi llamo Marissa Hernandez. Hey, I'm Marissa Hernandez, and I am a senior studying Psychology at Pepperdine University. I am involved and an active member of Alpha Kappa Psi, Business Fraternity and I am currently working on campus through the theater department. I am very passionate about art and working with children. I hope to one day open my own center that is primarily focused on children and teens, through the involvement of art, sports, cooking, and other fun activities. I personally believe that community and communication with their peers who have similar interest, is the most effective way of therapy. Besides my personal interest in the future, in my free time I love to socialize with my friends, paint, eat food, and cook. I have a habit of having dinner parties every weekend about 10-15 of our closest friends, in which I cook large feast of Mexican food or other types of foods. I have an addiction to Sawtelle, in which you might catch my in the wee hours of the night getting Tatsu or wintermelon boba. I am pretty easy to find on campus, since I never go a day without wearing a single flower or a lot of flowers in my hair.