This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

College is definitely a once in a lifetime experience. It’s one to be remembered for the good and the ugly. There are definitely some things you learn when you’re in college; whether it’s learning a lesson that’s good or a reminder never to do something that again. I’m sure we’ve even had those moments where we’ve gotten our exams back and had a mild heart attack. There’s so much about college that you can never experience again, which is why I believe that it’s important to go.

I also think living on campus is a good experience. I know many would prefer to live off campus, but personally I like living on campus. I’m a transfer student to Pepperdine, which meant I commuted every day to school, then to work and back home. I never really got the opportunity to meet a lot of people because everyone was only there for class and then left. Being given the chance to live on campus changed my experience. As my sister gets ready to finish off her senior year and enter college, I hope that she will be able to enjoy some of the experiences I missed out on, but I also want to her experience the ones I did have. Let’s face it, once you graduate, it’s not really the same again. How many of your friends are from out of state or even from out of the country? When is the next time they will be all gathered in the same area. It’s important to cherish the relationships you’ve created and to really invest in them, because those individuals will be the friends you will continue to have once you get old.

Going to college I definitely remember those all nighters. Knowing you have three assignments due and having no idea how you’ll finish them, but you somehow do. Coffee sometimes becomes your really good friend and sleeping in random spots becomes the norm. When is the next time I’ll see someone napping in the library or awake at 4 AM completing an assignment. Enjoy it while it last, stop trying to rush it.

There so much you get to experience, whether you transferred in or were there from the very beginning. I’m sure these moments will be ones you will cherish, even if sometimes you didn’t like it. So before you graduate, finish everything on your bucket list.

Hola, mi llamo Marissa Hernandez. Hey, I'm Marissa Hernandez, and I am a senior studying Psychology at Pepperdine University. I am involved and an active member of Alpha Kappa Psi, Business Fraternity and I am currently working on campus through the theater department. I am very passionate about art and working with children. I hope to one day open my own center that is primarily focused on children and teens, through the involvement of art, sports, cooking, and other fun activities. I personally believe that community and communication with their peers who have similar interest, is the most effective way of therapy. Besides my personal interest in the future, in my free time I love to socialize with my friends, paint, eat food, and cook. I have a habit of having dinner parties every weekend about 10-15 of our closest friends, in which I cook large feast of Mexican food or other types of foods. I have an addiction to Sawtelle, in which you might catch my in the wee hours of the night getting Tatsu or wintermelon boba. I am pretty easy to find on campus, since I never go a day without wearing a single flower or a lot of flowers in my hair.