Care for a Cup of Afternoon Tea?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

The first time I went to a real tea party was during my last birthday. I wasn’t expecting much and thought that it may be a bit of a cliché, but I was proven wrong in so many ways. To start, I became madly obsessed with the idea of tea parties, or specifically, having afternoon tea. This includes the whole shebang: tea sandwiches, edible flowers, macarons, and of course, the actual tea. However, you can’t have afternoon tea without the social aspect, so I would also use it as an excuse to hangout with my friends, dressed up and all. Hence for this week’s article, ya girl is going to tell you about 5 high tea places around the LA area.

1.Tea Rose Garden

Located right by Old Town Pasadena, this hidden gem is as shabby and chic as high afternoon tea can get. From the romantic décor to the tiered sandwiches and goodies, this makes the perfect place to get together with your girls, or even host an event. The best part about this hole in the wall is that it’s super affordable.

2.Chado Tea Room

For those with more modern tastes, Chado Tea Room offers tea in a casual setting. This venue is located in Hollywood and offers an array of sweet treats and goodies. The main difference is really simply the ambiance. It’s not what you’d expect of a high tea room, but it definitely takes the pressure off having to look dressed up and such.

3.Huntington Rose Garden Tea Room

Most of you have heard of the Huntington Gardens. In fact, I went on a field trip there for my Chinese art class. It’s beautiful, and makes the perfect setting for relaxation and putting your mind at ease. However, did you know they have a tea room? It may not have the three tier plates but it is an all-you-can-eat buffet of tea goodies. This is especially good for those of us who crave a little more than the regular tea finger sandwiches.

4.The Living Room

The Living Room is located in Beverly Hills and is definitely on the pricier side of the spectrum. However, it is a beautiful place and I highly recommend you make the splurge, at least once. They even have a harpist playing while you and your girls are enjoying the tea. It honestly can’t get any classier than that.

5.The Peninsula at Beverly Hills

The best of the best takes us to Yelp-classified “Ultra High-End” afternoon tea at The Peninsula at Beverly Hills. This venue is actually a hotel, but it offers a more intimate and classier experience. With three-tiered goods, a pianist, and great atmosphere, you and your girls will feel like sophisticated ladies in no time.

My name is Queenie Navarro and I am an Accounting major in my 3rd year at Pepperdine University. On campus, I am involved with the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and am currently interning for College Fashionista as a Style Guru. In my free time, I enjoy going on spontaneous adventures and am devoted to the belief that life is about taking chances and trying everything that the world has to offer. I've shopped 'til I've literally dropped, I used to be part of a punk rock band, I've tried everything from escargot to scorpions on a stick, and have been fortunate enough to travel in over 40 countries before I even turned twenty. Overall, I consider myself to be a very open-minded person and am inspired, daily, by the people around me. One day, I dream of working for the corporate offices of some fashion magazine while hopefully getting to travel the world.