This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Name: Kristen Causey

Age: 21

Hometown: La Habra, CA

What’s the first thing you’re going to do when finals are over? I’m taking a trip with some friends to Mammoth and San Francisco! It’s a tradition with these friends to travel after finals.

What’s your favorite thing about Malibu? Driving up PCH on a clear day never gets old.

What’s your favorite Christmas tradition? Making tamales with my mom for our family.

What are you most proud of? I think I have reached a point where there aren’t a lot of things that intimidate me anymore. Actually, a ton of things still intimidate me, but I have reached the point where I do it anyway if it’s something I know I will be grateful for in the long run.

What’s your favorite memory of your past year as president? There are a ton, but initiation for the last spring pledge class and this semester’s rodeo stand out to me as times where I was extremely proud to be a part of what we were doing as a sorority; bringing new members into the chapter and supporting our philanthropy remind me that this sisterhood is something way larger than myself and my own goals. Oh, winning president of year was a pretty great moment, too.

What’s your dream job? Pretty much anything that let’s me travel, but I would really love to be involved in a nonprofit in a developing country and spend time an extended amount of time (a few years at a time) being with that community, on and off for the rest of my life.

As a senior, what’s something you wish you’d known as a freshman? Being a Pepperdine student can make you think that perfection actually exists and is attainable. It’s not, and that’s okay. It’s taken me a while to learn that and sometimes I catch myself striving for perfection. But then I remember how tiring and unsatisfying that is.