This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

As part of Her Campus, we are lucky enough to receive care package survival kits every few months.  This semester’s kit was full of self-care goodies and beauty products from some great brands! 

Photo by Joanna Cabalquinto

When opening the box, my eyes were drawn to the full-size Mary Kay products.  We received exfoliating powders, nourishing oils, moisturizing sticks, and purifying cleansers from Mary Kay’s first-ever natural-certified skincare line for each of our writers!  I love trying new skincare products and cannot wait to give these a go!

Next, we got Extra Refreshers gum.  Extra is super affordable and it is always great to have gum on hand.  Not to mention offering gum to your classmates is a great way to start a conversation and get to know the people you’ll be with for a whole semester.

Also included in our care package were sample Garnier Whole Blends 10-in-1 Miracle Nectar Leave-In Serum and Fructis Men’s Liquid Stylers.  Garnier is already a staple in my hair care routine because I just love the smell of their products!  I’m sure the leave-in serum will be a lifesaver for my recently bleached hair as well!

The last product in our box was Emergen-C, just in time for the flu season!  I never thought seeing so much Emergen-C would make me so happy.  With midterms coming to a close, everyone’s immune systems have been reaching their limits so Her Campus really came in clutch with this one.

A fun little extra gift we got was a coupon to Vivrelle! Vivrelle is an online store that you can rent great accessories from jewelry to purses whenever you want. Or you can get a membership and get monthly goodies to switch in and out of your wardrobe. 

We cannot thank Her Campus enough for our #HCSurvivalKits!  It was like Christmas came early and we cannot wait to try these all out!

And if you want these goodies go check out HC Pepperdine’s Instagram and enter our giveaway!

Joanna Cabalquinto

Pepperdine '21

Hey guys, I’m Joanna and i’m super stoked to be writing for HerCampus and organizing fun events as Social Coordinator. I may be from the East Coast, but it only took one sunny afternoon in Malibu to realize I’m a Cali girl at heart. Some things I enjoy (in no particular order) are: hiking, movies based on true events, soft r&b, cookie dough, and long conversations. Can’t wait to write for you guys this year, and if you see me on campus don’t hesitate to say hi!
Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.