Attaining the Perfect Five-Minute Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

We all know the struggle of having to wake up at least 20 minutes earlier on days when we are planning on wearing makeup. Although we want our morning routine to be quick and easy, the reality is we end up spending far too much time evening out our eyeliner on each eye. However, there are ways of simplifying these routines while still looking put together and ready for the day ahead.

1. Always wash your face when you wake up! Not only does this help you feel refreshed, but it will also get rid of the lingering bacteria from your pillowcase. This is particularly important for people with oily skin! However, it is not necessary to overwash either, simply wash your face with warm water or a gentle cleanser. 

2. Use a skin toner! This is often an overlooked step, but it is important. It will help even your skin tone and close your pores, so you don’t have to worry as much about makeup or the overall contaminants of the day. It also helps to moisturize and hydrate your skin, and will get you one step closer to the perfect glow.

3. Apply a BB cream with SPF; this is combining your sunblock and foundation into one, so it will be even more time efficient. It is also nice to use BB cream for a dewy and natural effect. Just be sure to choose one with an SPF of at least 30 to truly get some protection from the sun.

4. Using a cream-based blush that doubles as a lip stain is super time-efficient, but also effective. You will bring the color you want onto your face, but in a quicker and more compact way.

5. Finally, apply two layers of mascara and head out the door! All you need to do is find the mascara that works best for you and your lashes (more on this to come), and you will be good to go!

Paola Ramos

Pepperdine

I'm a Pepperdine University senior from Texas. I'm a Leo, a total dog lover, and an avid reader. Spanish is my first language, so I am bilingual and working on being trilingual (I just need to turn my conversational French into fluent French). I love to write; it's a way of life!