5 Things You Need to Stay Organized

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

1. An Academic Planner

The first week of school has come and gone and the syllabi came with it. If you haven’t already, pencil in those dates ASAP. If you don’t want to fill your entire, planner focus on the big events: quizzes, tests, midterms, finals, essays, and speeches.

2.  Note Pad  

There will be important things to remember that are far enough in the future to put them in your planner. Keeping a simple list on your desk that you’ll be able to regularly see and can check off as things get done will be helpful.

3. Weekly Planner 

For me the more I write things down, the better chance I have of remembering them. Having a weekly planner on your desk for you to see what the week holds for you will keep you on track.

4. Your Phone 

I know this one is kind of obvious, right? But your phone is going to be one of the biggest things to keep you on track. Besides the obvious uses like that handy dandy alarm, your phone is filled with useful apps. Not the best at focusing in class, or at taking notes fast enough? Try using Voice Memos to record your professors’ lectures. Just make sure they don’t have a policy against it. Terrible at remembering where or what your next class is? Check out the Productivity category in the app store and scroll through all the planner apps available that you can upload your class schedule into and let it remember the schedule so you can remember the material. Technology is powerful, so use it to help you slay this school year.

5. Your Friends 

This one is a little different, but trust me when I say that friends really do come in handy. I’ve been lucky and can say with full confidence that my roommate and suitemates are my friends. They’re more than happy to give a knock on my door on their way out to class to remind me I should get going too, or shoot me a text when they get up to see if I’m up as well. Now I know that’s not the case for everybody, but if you have a friend in your class or even a friend that has a class as the same time as you, reach out and see if they’re willing to be your reminder buddy and keep each other on the right path. 

SaveSave

SaveSave

Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.