5 Sweets That Give Off a Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

As this semester comes towards an end, Christmas is fast arriving. However, this also means that finals are coming up. It will be a time of stress and hardship. You may be on the brink of falling apart from sleep deprivation and the massive amount of workload, but just keep in mind that winter break and Christmas are only days away! Here are some sweets to eat while you are studying that will keep you pumped about the coming of Christmas.

1. Candy Canes

This is the most iconic candy of the Christmas season! Can you even imagine a Christmas without seeing a single candy cane? Before, they only had the regular white and red candy cane, but now there are jolly rancher candy canes, sour patch kids candy canes, and all sorts of other unique flavors.

2. M&M’s

M&M’s can be eaten all year long, but what can be more Christmas-y than red and green m&ms?!

3. Chocolate

I am a super big fan of chocolate, and even though chocolate is yet another candy that is widely eaten all year long, Christmas-themed chocolates are the ones that leave the deepest impression on me. I especially like eating chocolate truffles, and I know that they sell these all year long, but the first time I had these was when I got them as a present for Christmas from a family friend. So when I think of chocolate and chocolate truffles, I think of Christmas.

4. Peppermints

These are white and red candies that leave your breath smelling fresh and minty. These not only remind you of Christmas, but they also act like breath mints. They also wake me up a little when I am feeling super sleepy.

5. Marshmallows

I have never been a super big fan of marshmallows; however, I would have to say that marshmallows with hot chocolate are like a match made in heaven. This would be the perfect choice to satisfy your sweet tooth during your long night study sessions.