5 Holiday Looks Inspired by Classic Christmas Tunes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

As we look ahead at the calendar, with both dread and fun, we come face to face with the holiday party season. Since Thanksgiving has come and gone, why not tackle the issue of repeat outfits with some Christmas tunes?

“Here Comes Santa Claus”

Red and White are a classic color combo for the Christmas season. Get inspired by Santa Claus and wear a killer outfit in his favorite colors to one of this season’s parties.

Tulle is a holiday classic and if you’ve got, rock it. With a strong pop of color like a red skirt, let the rest of the outfit be casual. White with black accents are also a good choice.

“Silver Bells”

Metallic clothes are always fun to play with and are a definite way to make a statement.

Pants are great during the holiday season, so make yourself shine in some comfy but stylish pants. Paired with a simple white top, you’re able to all out with the accessories, whatever you feel like.

“White Christmas” 

Whenever I think of Christmas, I think of the movie and song White Christmas, and how it makes me want to curl up with a blanket.

There’s nothing cozier to go out in than a sweater dress. Paired it with nude or white colored boots and you’ll look effortlessly comfortable, seasonal, and fashionable. For a pop add some gold accessories.

“Jingle Bells”

A true Christmas classic that never fails to evoke images of Christmas carols and Christmas trees, as well as the colors of red and green.

Red and green always make a pop when you wear them, and since they’re such a strong pair, don’t wear them by themselves. Try adding some neutrals like black, and if you do patterns keep them simple. But if you stay away from patterns completely, add a fun piece like a purse with a fun design.

“Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy”

While “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” might not be a Christmas carol, the character of the Sugar Plum fairy is iconic in the classic ballet The Nutcracker.

In this outfit, stray away from the red, white, and green Christmas color and make an entrance in soft pinks and floral accents. 

Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.