Style > Beauty

Who Served the Best Face at the 2021 Met Gala?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

We can all agree that the 2021 Met Gala delivered some showstopping, jaw dropping fashion looks that no one expected. We’ve seen lots of clothing rankings, but I’d like to detail the best makeup looks from fashion’s biggest night. 

1. Rihanna

Rihanna rocked a burgundy lip with a mauve eyelid and a glimmer of glitter – swoon!

1. Gigi Hadid

With light blue eyeshadow, winged liner, and a nude matte lip, Gigi gives us a chic, elevated look.

1. Hunter Schafer

Hunter stepped out with a striking style – from the pure white contact lenses to the spider accessory and brown eyeshadow, it’s hard to look away from this captivating look.

1. Yara Shahidi

Yara sports a red eye look, coordinating lip, and a pop of blush. Adore it!

1. Erykah Badu

Erykah stunned with a multicolor eye featuring purple, orange, yellow, and pink, topped off with a bold red lip.

1. Billie Eilish

Billie wore a style that was combined Old Hollywood with present day. With a winged liner and matte lip, this combination exudes glam.

1. Taraji P. Henson

Taraji’s purple smokey eye with tons of glitter and voluminous lashes paired perfectly with a glossy nude lip.

1. Naomi Osaka

Naomi came with dramatic, editorial eye makeup and a rich lip that complimented her hair and accessories.

1. Keke Palmer

Keke wore a winged, smudged smokey eye with a gold glitter crease, bright highlight on the cheekbones, and a natural glossy lip to tie it all together.

1. Whitney Peak

Whitney flaunted a more editorial style for the Gala. Her winged neon liner and natural glossy lip make up a minimal, yet dramatic look.

1. Emma Chamberlain

Emma went for a simple dark shadow look but with a pop of color thanks to a neon liner on the top lash line and in the inner corner – beautiful, but slightly futuristic.

1. Storm Reid

Storm went for a sophisticated look featuring a glistening nude eye, pearls, and a sparkly lip.

Aja Darden is currently based in New York, NY as a first-year undergraduate student at Pace University, majoring and studying for a BA in English Language and Literature. She is a dedicated and dependable individual who excels at both editorial and social responsibilities. She also possesses effective management, thorough research, verbal/written communication, and social media skills. Interested in a media career to contribute her skills as a well-organized, meticulous, and punctual professional with a team-oriented attitude with an expertise in publishing and freelancing.