What Joining a Sorority is Really Like

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Coming into my first year of college, joining a sorority was never something that I ever envisioned myself doing. But after some encouragement from friends also going out for recruitment I decided to join the new world of sororities.

Happy Fun Laughing Girls
Cassie Howard / Her Campus

Meeting new people is certainly a reason why I went through this experience, and at the end of it, I feel that I have met many new people. Recruitment enables you to get a chance to decide if you can see yourself being in a sorority, and decide if it is an organization that you want to be a part of. I think that going through recruitment, and ultimately joining a sorority you have a chance to meet people that you might have never met before if it wasn’t for recruitment or being in a sorority.

You never know that people that you come out knowing at the end of the experience. If you have any thoughts about going through recruitment, I would encourage you to do so because it is a worthwhile experience.  

If you are interested in rushing for Spring 2020, Pace University sorority recruitment – use this link to sign up by February 18th.

Hi! My name is Elizabeth Byington and I am a Junior at Pace University majoring in Psychology and minoring in Communication Studies. My favorite part of going to Pace is living in the city, since there is always something happening! My favorite things to do in the city are going to SoHo, seeing Broadway shows, and trying new restaurants as much as I can. On my free time I like to read, write, and catch up on Netflix shows.