Hallmark Native Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hallmark Native Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original illustration by Kristina Stapelfeld

Welcome to Her Campus Pace!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Hello everyone and welcome to the Fall 2020 semester, from all of the executive board at Her Campus Pace! We are super excited and proud to be rebuilding this chapter into something bigger and better than ever. I am your new Campus Correspondent and President Alysa, and I want to introduce myself, the executive board, as well as our ideas and goals for the semester.

Currently, I am 19 years old and a Junior majoring in Communication Studies as well as minoring in both Sociology & Anthropology and Arts & Entertainment Management, a mouthful I know. I have been a part of Her Campus Pace for a year, and have held the previous position of junior editor. Outside of Her Campus Pace, you can catch me being the new Co-Recruitment Chair for P.A.C.E. Board, along with one of our lovely members Eliza! Moving on from myself, the rest of our executive board includes Jordan Fisicario, our Vice President, Rylie Dominguez, our Treasurer, AnnaMarie Mohammad, our Secretary, Maeve Casey, our Senior Editor, and Phedra Wade, our Social Media Director. They are all truly wonderful people and cannot wait to make memories with you all this semester.

As President, I want you to feel just as welcomed and wanted whether you are at home or on campus. Trust me, I was just as nervous, scared, and as socially awkward as most of you are now trying to find the right organization that fits your needs and desires. But have no worries, we are here to support and uplift you this semester! We will be focusing on not only growing you professionally, but helping to create fun, exciting, and remembering events and memories for you all to enjoy and cherish. My goal and mission for this organization are to rebuild and rebrand it into something everyone can see themselves in. No matter who you are, we want you in our organization. We know you all have such amazing ideas already and we are so humbled to see the positive responses to our new application system. I cannot wait to see you all grow, talk about Harry Styles, and raise your voices on what you believe in.

I am grateful for you all putting trust and love into our organization, even before our first meeting. I promise you this year will be one to remember. Let’s do this and get back to the good things in life. Our meetings will be held virtually every Thursday, starting Sept 3rd, from 3:25 pm to 4:25 pm EST. More information to come, but we already have a fabulous list of events that we know you all will enjoy. If you need anything, reach out to our Instagram account or any individual executive member if you have any concerns or questions. See you all soon, remember to follow all of our social media accounts for updates!

Let’s do this.

HCXO,

Alysa

Hi everyone! I'm Alysa and I am the former Campus Correspondent for HC Pace NYC. I majored in Communication Studies and minored in Sociology & Anthropology and Arts & Entertainment Management. Within my articles you can find everything I love to write including, pop culture, sports, politics, and my personal NYC experiences! Feel free to connect with me on my socials!