Treating Yourself During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

It’s that time of year again. That’s right. It’s FINALS. And that means that right now you are going crazy. You might be crying all the time or screaming into your pillow. You could be freaking out at your friends or your mom or you could be one of those people who are so screwed that you’re blissfully calm and unaware. All of these are totally fair feelings and there are a million other ways to react to finals but one thing we should all be doing is treating ourselves. Here are some of my favorite ways to treat myself during finals:

NAPS! Napping wasn’t cool until college but now it’s the coolest thing ever if you get to take a nap. Sometimes finals become too much and you just need to give up for a little bit and nap it out.

Netflix (Or your preferred streaming service). With all that studying your brain needs a break. Watching a twenty-minute episode of mindless T.V. is a great vacation for your brain.

Ice Cream. There will be times where finals get overwhelming and all you can do is cry it out. Crying is always better with ice cream. That’s all I’m saying.

Buzzfeed or Facebook Quizzes. Who doesn’t love these stupid quizzes? I love knowing which type of chicken tender I am and sometimes after writing a 12 page paper that’s just what you need.

Fancy Coffee! It’s the end of the semester and you’re probably sad and broke. Even so, you really should splurge and treat yourself to some fancy, Starbucks frap.

There are so many ways to treat yourself this finals week! Finals suck and you deserve all the treats! You’re so close to summer and you can totally do this. Good luck out there. May the odds be ever in your favor!

Hey there! My name is Alexis and I'm a senior at Pace University where I am double majoring in Peace & Justice Studies and Communication Studies with minor in Women and Gender Studies. I am the Campus Corespondent for Her Campus Pace and love watching our organization grow. I just got back from spending Spring semester in Florence, Italy and traveling throughout Europe for a month this summer. When I'm not running around between school and my internship, I can be found exploring the city with my friends, checking out some art at MoMA, binge watching Gilmore Girls, Friends or whatever new show has caught my attention or planning my next trip. I believe writing is one of the best tools we have for personal expression and activism!
Hello! My name is Josephine "Josie" Morenski, and I am from Detroit, Michigan. Currently, I am a Communication Studies major at Pace University in New York City, with a minor in Psychology. I am also a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Pace, Promotions Intern for Cumulus Media, and a Student Assistant at Pace University. Writing and blogging have always been a passion of mine, and I am excited to share my content with the Her Campus community.