This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Every year there are a handful of hit movies, and only two months into the new year, 2018 seems no different. Whether it’s action, comedy, adventure, or romance, here are some of the top ten movies to look forward to this year. Which one are you looking forward to?

1. Avengers: Infinity War

The mother of all superhero movies is finally coming to theaters. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, and more, come together to save the world from the mighty Thanos and his wrath on Earth. This movie also commemorates Marvel Studios tenth year of superhero movies. Avengers: Infinity War is sure to break the box office this summer, and hits theaters May 4th.

1.  Solo: A Star Wars Story

“May the force be with you,” is a phrase connected to the Star Wars franchise, but what about the characters? This film tells the story of how Han Solo became the pilot of the Millennium Falcon before joining the rebellion and meeting Luke and Leia. Solo: A Star Wars Story comes to a galaxy near you May 25th. 

1. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Before man, there were Dinosaurs, and then the Dinosaurs went extinct. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom tells the story of Owen (played by Chris Pratt) and Claire’s (played by Bryce Dallas Howard) efforts to save as many Dinosaurs from Jurassic World as possible before they become extinct by the island’s volcano. “Hold onto your butts,” as this movie roars into theaters June 22nd.

1. The Incredibles 2

All I can say about this movie is…FINALLY! If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably been waiting years for Pixar to release the second installment to their red-leather-wearing family, and now they finally have! The Incredibles 2 picks up right where the first movie left off, but also introduces audiences to Jack Jack’s powers and Mr. Incredible’s fatherly skills, while Elastigirl is out saving the world. The Incredibles 2 hits theaters June 15th.

1. Love, Simon

This movie focuses on a topic that many can probably relate to, coming out. The main character, Simon, is gay a but chooses to keep it a secret. In this coming of age film, he exchanges emails with a fellow classmate who is also gay and remains anonymous, while helping Simon understand who he is. Love, Simon comes to theaters March 16th.

1. Truth or Dare

A game that you probably used to play as a kid that was was harmless, right? Starring Pretty Little Liars’ Lucy Hale, and Teen Wolf’s Tyler Posey, Truth or Dare turns into a deadly game, punishing those who refuse to reveal the truth or follow out dare. This movie makes its release on April 13th.

1. A Quiet Place

Have you ever played the quiet game? How long were you able to keep quiet for? In this movie,  parents played by real-life husband and wife John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, live their life in silence out of fear of an unknown threat that attacks if a sound is made. With the tagline, “If they hear you they hunt you,” A Quiet Place hits theaters April 6th.

1. Life of the Party

You’re never too old to go to college, and that’s exactly what Deanna (played by Melissa McCarthy) does after getting dumped by her husband. From class to frat parties, and rendezvous in the library, McCarthy’s character shows you can have fun while working towards your degree…no matter what age you may be! This comedy hits theaters May 11th.

1. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Let us dive into the wizarding world before Harry attended Hogwarts! This second installment of the “Fantastic Beasts” series shows Newt Scamander teaming up with a young Albus Dumbledore to prevent Gellert Grindelwald from ruling over non-magical beings. Catch the magic happening in theaters November 16th.​

1. Ocean’s 8

WOMEN POWER! Debbie Ocean (played by Sandra Bullock) leads a team of thieves to rob a necklace worth $150 million from the Met Gala, in New York. Not only does this star Sandra Bullock but also, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, and many more. Can I be apart of this team? No need to worry if you haven’t seen the Ocean movies starring George Clooney, this is an entirely different movie. “Every con has its pro,” and these pros hit theaters June 8th.​

Hey everyone! I'm Madeline, but everyone knows me as Maddie! Originally born and raised in The Golden State but took a chance and moved to the heart of the Big Apple! I am a freshman college student at Pace University majoring in Political Science. I am a dog lover, a huge Dodger Fan, I love TV shows (where my whovians at?) and I love to cook and bake. I hope you enjoy reading my articles as I will be talking about things that interest me, some personal stories and other topics I would love to share! Happy reading!!