This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Finding your signature scent is a matter of finding a scent that makes you feel confident, attractive, and inviting to others, because we all know the best compliment is being told you smell good – like, really good. 

It took me a while, but I found my signature scent that has people complimenting me all the time. Now, I  don’t limit myself to one scent. I have a rotation of two perfumes that I use. It took me a long time to figure out what I like and need in perfume. Maybe I’m a little analytical and I took my perfume-searching process a bit too seriously. I wasn’t walking into Sephora and picking up any scent. I was determined to do my research and pick out the most perfect scent possible. My rules when it comes to the perfect scent are longevity, price, durability, amount, and of course the type of scent. The type is the most important part of picking out a perfume because it helps you limit what brands or collections you want to look more into. Also, certain scents are better for certain occasions. The most common scent categories are fruity, warm, clean, and bold. 

Personally, my two favorite perfumes contrast each other. A perfume that I love and swear by is the Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheiros 62 perfume. This is my favorite perfume ever. I love how sweet it smells. It’s composed of vanilla and salted caramel notes to create the perfect scent. This perfume always has me receiving compliments. The other perfume I have in my rotation is Daisy Love by Marc Jacobs. I love this perfume. It’s a bolder scent that’s made of multiple different notes like driftwood, cloudberries, and daisy tree petals. So, these two perfumes are polar opposites. One is very light and has a sweet smell, while the other is a bold and more long-lasting scent. Even though both perfumes are very popular and well-known, it took me a while to find my way to them. 

When I want to find the perfect scent I start with research, often looking for customer reviews to see what people would recommend. I will often use TikTok to look for these reviews, and then I will go to the different websites where the perfume is sold to look at more customer reviews. After figuring out if I want to further investigate the scent, I look at the price before going to get a sample from the store. Most of the time, I ignore the price depending on my mood; perfume lasts a long time, so I feel that it’s okay to spend a good amount of money on it. Both of the perfumes are a little pricey, but they make me feel clean and confident while fulfilling all of the requirements of my signature scent. 

Maddie Hobart is a new general member in the Pace University Her Campus chapter! Maddie is eager to start writing articles independently and collaboratively with fellow chapter members, alongside attending weekly meetings. Besides being a Her Campus member Maddie is a sophomore digital marketing major within the Lubin School of Business. Maddie has experience with clerical work due to past office jobs during her high school career. Maddie has also dabbled with several writing courses in her free time and can not wait to showcase that in her Her Campus articles. Maddie's interests include taking dance classes, going on picnics with friends, exploring New York City, and watching rom coms. Maddie has an unconditional love for all things Taylor Swift and is always looking to meet fellow Swifties. Maddie can often be spotted with her friends walking around the city or shopping. She is always looking for new clothing pieces to broaden her style and aesthetic. One of Maddie's other areas of interest would be the makeup and skincare industry. She is always trying to upgrade her routine by using the best products available. Maddie is beyond passionate about trying new things and breaking out of her shell whether that includes attending on campus events or finding new things to do around the city!