This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

On Nov. 1, 2022, Taylor Swift announced that she will be going on her first tour since her Reputation tour in 2018. Her upcoming tour, “The Eras” tour, will consist of 52 shows, starting on March 17, 2023 and ending on Aug. 9, 2023. Tickets went up for presale registration on Nov. 1, and seem to be ranging anywhere between $49 and $449. 

Fans are abuzz between the news of the tour and Taylor’s new album, Midnights. On social media, fans are sharing their predictions on what “The Eras” setlist will look like. Swift has stated that she named the tour “Eras,” because she will be taking the audience on a journey through each of the eras of her musical career. So based on what is known of Swift’s best songs, here are some predictions for “The Eras” tour!

Starting with the most recent of all of her eras: Midnights

Since Midnights is hot on the charts right now, we think Swift will try to include as many tracks from this new album as possible. 10 of her songs from the Midnights album have dominated Billboard’s Top 10 chart, and here are the ones that must make the cut for her setlist. 

“Anti-Hero” is an obvious favorite from the Midnights album. The song is #1 in the charts, with over 160 million streams on Spotify. 

“Bejeweled” is another beloved song off of Swift’s new album, grabbing the attention of plenty, having even inspired a TikTok trend!

“Lavender Haze,” ranks in at second on the Top 10 chart, and has an undeniable catchy quality to it. This track is bound to get the whole crowd singing along.

Karma is a song that completely embodies Swift’s attitude, and you can hear her admired sassiness. “Karma” personally reminds me of  “Cruel Summer” and “London Boy” from her album Lover. The melody and energy of the songs sound pretty familiar and similar. 

“Maroon” is another personal favorite on the album. The instruments and the flow of the lyrics is captivating. It’s also one of the few slower songs on Midnights and I can imagine her singing this live on the piano as an acoustic version. 

“Midnight Rain” contains a lot of bass! The song opens with a low-pitched voice that continues throughout the song adding a call and response voice to Swift. If this is performed, imagining her backup singers imitating that low-pitched voice in the background, it will definitely be iconic. “Midnight Rain” is her third most played song on the album on Spotify with 99,758,212 streams in less than three weeks. 

Since of course this tour is called “The Eras” tour, Swift is expected to not only perform songs from Midnights, but also songs from every album – or rather “era” in her career. The list is long but it has been reduced to some of her songs that are record breaking, and that we hope to get a live version of.

Before her Midnights era, Swift gifted us with folklore & evermore. During Covid-19 lockdown, Taylor Swift dipped her toe into a more alternative, folk-y, music genre, and did so with great success. Though I personally wish she could play every song from each album, we’ll only get to hear some of the top hits.

Possible tracks performed:

“Champagne Problems” – evermore

“Gold Rush” – evermore

“Willow” – evermore

“Cardigan”, “Betty” & “August” – folklore

“The 1” – folklore 

In 2019, Swift released Lover, introducing us to her next great era. Most songs in this album have a bouncy, love-struck vibe. Not only does the listener feel like they are in love with someone, but also in love with life.

Possible tracks performed:

“Paper Rings”

“Lover”

“Cruel Summer”

“The Man”

reputation 

Taylor’s reputation era was a cultural reset –  she will, hopefully, go all out with her setlist and outfits for this act of the tour.

Possible tracks performed:

“Look What You Made Me Do”

“Don’t Blame Me”
“Getaway Car”

1989

It’s really hard to think of any song from 1989 that she could leave out of her setlist, but alas, she can only play a few.

She might choose to perform: 

“Blank Space”

“Style”        

“Out of the Woods”

“Bad Blood”

“This Love”

Red (Taylor’s Version)

Taylor’s album Red crowned her as an official pop sensation. Fans can pretty much expect to be transported back to 2012, when some of these songs were dominating the radio.

Possible songs to be played:

“All Too Well”

“Nothing New” 

“I Knew You Were Trouble”

“22”

“Everything Has Changed”

Speak Now 

As Taylor brings the audience back to 2010, some people in the crowd may be wiping their eyes, as Speak Now was a definitive maturing point in Taylor’s career. Suddenly, she had started singing about growing up, and adult relationships.

Possible tracks performed:

“Long Live” 

“Mean” 

“Dear John” 

“Enchanted” 

“The Story of Us” 

Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

Fearless brings us right back to the small-town girl we all once knew as the brand-new young artist, Taylor Swift. Her songs from this album have become classics, perfect to blast during any possible chance.

Possible songs performed: 

“Love Story”

“The Way I Loved You”

“Fifteen” 

“Mr. Perfectly Fine” 

“Don’t you” 

Taylor Swift

All at once, the audience is sitting in for a trip down memory lane – all the way to the beginning. As though through an optical illusion, it seems as if 16-year old Taylor herself is sitting on a stool, strumming her guitar on stage, singing her beloved songs from her earliest published album.

She might choose to play: 

“Our Song”

“Teardrops on my Guitar”

“Picture to Burn” 

Ticket information:  

TaylorSwiftTix Presale powered by Verified Fan:

Presale starts Tuesday, November 15th, starting at 10 A.M. local venue time.

Capital One Exclusive Card Holder Presale:

Tuesday, November 15th, starting at 2 P.M. local venue time 

General Public Onsale: 

Friday, November 18, starting at 10 A.M. local venue time 

Hey! My name is Zeina and I am second year at Pace U! I'm originally from Hershey,PA and moved to NYC for college! I joined Her campus because I loved all the positivity that they help spread around and their advocacy for feminism! I also love writing in general and I'm excited to see where this is gonna take with writing.
Hi! I'm Lexi. I am a first year student at Pace University, and an active member of Her Campus - Pace Chapter.